KW Coilovers & CompBrake Top Mounts

Yes potentially they could be, however because I've never done it personally, I'm unsure how the progressive spring on the kw v3's would mount with the adjustable top mounts that come with the club sports.

When asked by previous customers we just set up a compbrake mount that would work for people who already had kw v3's and wanted an adjustable top mount solution that was reliable and wouldn't break the bank. We have that design set up and tested now. Another advantage is the compbrake mount can be used with Bilstein and OEM dampers and spring.
tombate911 i just ordered the compbrake adjustable mounts (newer style) for my 2011 clio, are they a straight fit for my Bilstein b14?

you did not. you left it to the old bloke to do it for you. :grinning:

Yeah. I've spoken to Peter about it at great length. They're a straight fit for any coilover which uses the standard Renault top mounts. Any questions when it comes to fitment I'll be on here to help.
Thanks.

Reactions: dr gonzo
Yes potentially they could be, however because I've never done it personally, I'm unsure how the progressive spring on the kw v3's would mount with the adjustable top mounts that come with the club sports.

Hi Tom. Sorry to bring this post back to life but a shop in the UK just told me that the kw clubsport top mounts are not suitable with kw v3s as you said. I'm thinking of running the CompBrake top mounts with my kw v3. Do you have any insights on using this combo after all these years?

Cheers

Hi Tom. Sorry to bring this post back to life but a shop in the UK just told me that the kw clubsport top mounts are not suitable with kw v3s as you said. I'm thinking of running the CompBrake top mounts with my kw v3. Do you have any insights on using this combo after all these years?

Cheers

Not cheap, but I would consider Pure Motorsport ones:
Contact them for which ones will fit your KW V3s

Not cheap, but I would consider Pure Motorsport ones:
Contact them for which ones will fit your KW V3s

Thx! I didn't know about this ones. I bought the KW V3s with the Silver Project top mounts installed but I've heard bad things about them. I'd rather spend a little bit more than do the suspension job twice.

Reactions: suj
Thx! I didn't know about this ones. I bought the KW V3s with the Silver Project top mounts installed but I've heard bad things about them. I'd rather spend a little bit more than do the suspension job twice.

So some people have said similar about the Compbrake ones too, so I would personally go for the PMS ones.

Cheers

I believe Tom does / used to machine the compbrake topmount to fit KW springs.

I believe Tom does / used to machine the compbrake topmount to fit KW springs.
He did my V2 top mounts and I've never had a problem with them, and my car gets some abuse on track. Mine were the first made for V2's (and perhaps all the KW coilovers, not sure). Perhaps the more bespoke stuff is more robust???

Only just catching up on the forum posts. At the time I was using the Compbrake top mount and combining these with a custom machined adaptor perch to fit the Kw Clubsports as well as the V2's. I made a number of these custom sets over a period of about a year with great success. @J90RDN was actually the first set I made and used his coilovers for the mock ups. However at the moment I don't plan on making anymore due to time and other commitments unfortunately, but there are other products on the market now. I hope you get sorted!

He did my V2 top mounts and I've never had a problem with them, and my car gets some abuse on track. Mine were the first made for V2's (and perhaps all the KW coilovers, not sure). Perhaps the more bespoke stuff is more robust???

Reactions: Sean197