Knocking over bumps

Hi guys!

Over the last couple of weeks i've been getting a knocking noise from the passenger front wheel area when driving along. It's when i go over bumps but isn't over every bump. I originally thought it might be exhaust being loose or something but not sure now.

I also get a grumbling/creaking noise sometimes from the same area (which might be linked) when lifting the clutch to the biting point with no throttle.

I'm thinking maybe engine mount, exhaust, drive shaft or something suspension?

Any help guys would be great!

I had a similar issue, found mine to be the plastic protection/damper around the suspension spring had popped out - I think its quite common on the clio, (probably due to the amount of speed bumps and not slowing down enough :smile: Just jacked mine up popped the wheel off and relocated the plastic back into position - job done :-D took around 10 minutes

Believe the knocking with the wheel could also be a sign of a problem with hubs/wheel bearing

My meg has started doing it (have hit some lovely pot holes recently), not all the time though but only on occasion. Will also go off to one side when booting it.

Luckily its still under warranty so I'll get it all repaired soon.

i saw a few saying it was a cracked or broken spring.
is it dangerous to drive like this?
what happens when a spring totally breaks?

Mine snapped, one broken end sat up on other section. Still only visible, when up on ramp supported. As for driving, yes you can, but very twitchy. Not really recommended !