k-tec

the best people in the world to buy performance renault parts off. great facilities, great technicians, excellent customer service.

ive got a jerky problem with my car and renault said it was my cat but ive got a miltek decat wich means it only has 1 cat on there now and when my mate test it on the mot the co2 was showing correct but the lambda was running rich i think the reading was 1.026 so im going to take it down to k-tec just seeing what people think of it.

yeah decats cause back pressure problems mate (not enough of it) lol, i had miltek decat and it ran rough as hell for the first few thousand miles but then sorted itself out. noticed it was drinking fuel for fun though.

decats only work if you have either forced induction or cams and headwork really as they allow gasses to flow more freely.

best advice is to buy a sports cat.

its over fuelling that y, to help ignition because of the above mentioned back pressure

can you not smell it when it fires up?

good thing about decat is if u take ure foot off gas fast it dumps tonnes of unburnt fuel into zorst and pops n farts . . .. . . also uses more fuel but worth it lol

a remap would sort it out mate, would have to be a dyno remap though mate a generic 1 will just make it gobble more fuel lol.

decats are great but not really a performance addition they are a noise addition.

yeah they flow more freely. milltek sounds good with normal cat apart from motorways thats all.

I've had a history of poor customer reception from them, the latest bein specifically asking them if a set of discs comes with the abs ring fitted, to which they confirmed, waited a month for delivery and suprised they don't have any abs rings!

Other problems include leaking silicone hoses, discs incorrectly dirlled out for wheel bolts and half supplied coilovers kits despite paying for the full kit.

Although they do sell some unique stuff for such a small car scene.

never expected that from ktec, im on first name terms with anthony and sean in the office lmao

I know someone, and I will not be too specific, who has spend thousands with them, and lets say, dropping valves when doing a power intensive driving session shows how good they are. On MORE than one occasion.

I'd never touch them, EVER, first hand experience!

ive got a jerky problem with my car and renault said it was my cat but ive got a miltek decat wich means it only has 1 cat on there now and when my mate test it on the mot the co2 was showing correct but the lambda was running rich i think the reading was 1.026 so im going to take it down to k-tec just seeing what people think of it.

thats running lean 1+ is lean side - below 1 is rich

little tip - make sure the exhaust has no leaks at all

check out there section of the site under the tunner section and read why no figure

blatent lies from them and proof of mis leading customers .