just had 2nd service wrong oil ?

on the check list they give you back its been wrote on they used 10x40 but on way good was looking threw service book says it should be 5x35 which i always top up with so should a call then up on monday when they open ?

renault garage in glasgow see what your saying if it was a local small garage but renault should be going with the book surley ?

i would ask them to change it to what the book says. After all what would they say if you had not used a correct part/service item? invalidate the warranty of course!! also, what brand was the oil? as Renault recommend Elf. :wink:

I would get them to change it personally, its not the grade Renault say you should use and as said above your warranty would technically be invalid

I would be taking it back and having them use the correct oil as i was told that cause i got my service done else where i needed to use the correct oil or they would invalidate my warrenty. Why should they be any different.

Had mine serviced today and sure on the invoice it says they have used 5/40...gonna go and check now.

Just checked my invoice and yeah they have used 5/40. Looked in the service book and thats the correct grade :smile:

Hi Mark saw your car in today, was absolutely revolting, why would anyone want to have a car like that? :tongueout: :worried:

call back up on monday

had mine done monday they used 5-40
ELF i asked to see the parts they were using
they even let me watch them do the service
def take it back mate

sorted, there sure they used 5x40 but put 10x40 on the paperwork but gave me the option to have it redone for peace of mind so it goes in next tuesday which is good of them :smile: ps. Ye a seen you dmn but you were with customers and i would prob have ended up walking out signed up to a new car so prob a good thing lol.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Clio General Chat 9
Hughsie Clio General Chat 12
Mike Clio General Chat 15
P Clio General Chat 10
richandgem Clio General Chat 9