Just bought an R27 and would like advice

Hi, I have just bought a Clio 197 R27 (haven't collected it yet) and it has a milltek cat back and k&n cone filter, I haven't sold my older 197 yet, it has a ktec cat back and k&n panel filter. What are the differences between the KTR and the milltek cat back.

would I be better swapping the cone for the panel?

also, I would like to maybe lower it later down the line, but would i need different springs for the R27 compared to a normal 197? i.e. Does the r27 have cup suspension therefore require different springs

lastly, what are the differences in a late 2007 R27 and an August 2006 197

sorry for all the questions haha

thanks

welcome..the ktec is slightly louder and the design is diff i think...
the k&n cone filter is generally said to lose you power..havent got one myself so cant comment..

Yes ditch the cone and put the panel back in!

ktec is a bit deeper!

no you don't need different springs for the cup chassis.

see buyers guide for differences is the models!

Thanks guys for answering my questions. The ktec on my old 197 also has a decat (also flat spot so will be keeping the decat well away from the new car) so I don't know what the ktec sounds like on its own haha

Do you get any pops from either of these exhausts? That's the only thing the decat is good for lol the milltek couldn't really be heard over the induction noise when I test drove it

mine was quite loud when i got it..pops when you let off the throttle..then i had the mid silencer cut out,due to faulty baffles, and its even better..sounds more powerful than it actually is :rofl:

Would cutting the mid silencer not give a really bad flat spot? I am sort of leaning more towards the ktec, how much would I get for selling a milltek cat back lol

well there is a flatspot but its not bad..a remap will sort it out..
you can advertise on here if you become a paid member..