Juddering only at 60mph

I've just taken delivery of a lovely white 2008 197, which is my 2nd RS model after a 225 cup.
The only thing wrong with the new clio is that it has a weird juddering at only 60mph, regardless of what gear the car is in. The MOT had an advisory for the offside anti-roll bar linkage ball joint, but the juddering feels more like the whole front end of the car, so I wonder if it might be engine mounts?
Seems weird at only one small speed band, whatever it is.
Anyone ever seen anything similar or got any ideas? I'm pretty lightweight on car knowledge, tbh.

Swap the wheels front and rear, if it still does it then you've ruled out the wheels, unless all 4 need balanced of course. Then you can start looking at mounts etc although I'd recommend getting the ball joints done especially as you have one in an mot advisory.

Nice one, thanks for the reply. I'll follow that logic and see if it helps track down the cause.

Also, bear in mind that replacing the lower dog mount and the upper torque mount will help maintain the life of the exhaust manifold flexis so are worth doing anyway.

If its coming through the steering wheel then its the front tire balancing. Esp if the car was sitting for a long time before you bought it, they probably have a flatspot. Usually if the shaking only happens at a speed (RPM independent), itll be wheels / tires.

Hope its the tires only!

Reactions: AdrianClark