Joe's LY Clio 200

Depends on the track and where you redline, normally about 5500 if you redline at 7.5k.
If they do a static noise test they measure the noise from about half to a whole metre away with you holding the revs at about three quarters of the rev range.
Ah that's interesting. Cheers gents. I'm giving the filthy b*tch a wash tomorrow before work as she is disgusting right now so will do a noise test then. Between 0-3000rpm there is no real noise difference, but after that, jesus, it is scary loud, am honestly over the moon!
Set off any car/bike alarms yet? Mine used to do it all the time, also made people scream! I have (mostly) grown up now though :tearsofjoy:
Not yet no! Only had it fitted at 4pm today, quick trip through town had the heads turning though! After the map, it will pop and bang a bit more so will go out to scare people then :oops: what system were you running?

Reactions: DS197
Ah that's interesting. Cheers gents. I'm giving the filthy b*tch a wash tomorrow before work as she is disgusting right now so will do a noise test then. Between 0-3000rpm there is no real noise difference, but after that, jesus, it is scary loud, am honestly over the moon!

Not yet no! Only had it fitted at 4pm today, quick trip through town had the heads turning though! After the map, it will pop and bang a bit more so will go out to scare people then :oops: what system were you running?
It’ll sound great at full chat but wait for the motorway drone!

It was custom made but pretty much the same as yours now, a straight pipe from the manifold back, to two small silencers.

The previous owner had it made in the style
of the cup racer exhausts I believe. Although I did still have my primary manifold cat in place and didn’t get around to mapping it.

Reactions: joehodges154
It’ll sound great at full chat but wait for the motorway drone!

It was custom made but pretty much the same as yours now, a straight pipe from the manifold back, to two small silencers.

The previous owner had it made in the style
of the cup racer exhausts I believe. Although I did still have my primary manifold cat in place and didn’t get around to mapping it.
Did it ever flame? Very asbo but just a cool effect :wink:

20210429_104453.jpg
Nice mid-cleaning photo.
20210429_102319.jpg
Used some porsche insect remover from the cleaning kit I got for Christmas, not sure how its meant to work but it did a terrible job of loosening up the graveyard I had on the front of my car from a recent trip down south with the Mrs.

After I finished work last night I decided to see what my idle noise was with an app. Not sure how accurate it is, but it came in between 77-79 decibels from about a meter away, not sure if that is extremely loud with regards to other peoples clio's and under track day regulations. I have also uploaded a video onto YouTube of the exhaust note from stand still, is only up to 4000rpm as it was 1am when I filmed it in the pub car park. The polish chefs find it annoying when I leave anyways, let alone sat there revving it! Will record an 8000rpm screamer soon.

Reactions: Joec1996 and Beany
Another visit up to Andy at Engine Dynamics today to re-remap my 200. I had fitted a decat pipe so wanted it smoothed out again while adding some overrun pops and bangs. The bangs only happen past 4500rpm on decel which I am very happy about as the neighbours can't even tell the difference between before and after. The sound of the bangs is absolutely unbelievable, so f*cking loud! Drove through Ripley village on my way home off the A3 and had everyone in the coffee shop looking as I bang my way pass, 99% thinking what a pr*ck, but I do not care at all. Its fantastic, I love it. Overall I made 207.8 bhp, which is only a gain of 1.6, and a gain of 11ftlbs of torque in the mid range, but the pops were the main reason for the map. A little bonus when driving in the dark, it shoots orange/blue/purple flames every bang, will definitely be getting a video out soon for you all to watch and listen too! Overall, a very happy asbo hooligan tw*t!

Similar Thread Suggestions