Blue 197

Update:

Upon everyone’s recommendation, I have invested in 225 Yokohama AD08R’s and the first couple of hundred miles on the road have been great fun! Thanks for pushing me in the right direction guys, they’re great!

I also had 3rd and 4th syncros replaced last week along with a new clutch kit. I have also installed my HEL braided flexis all in preparation for an evening session at Brands Hatch this week (Wednesday 28th March)

Excited to try out the newly overhauled box and fresh new boots!!

541ef63dadccf863299c125d4556525e.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Ben and Beany
So Brands was a success. The track dried out by the afternoon, got a dry line and then the whole track cleared.

All the work previously mentioned was so worth it, the car was faultless. It handled so well considering it’s just the cup chassis, I can see why you guys rave about them on track! The tyres, I am so glad I went for the AD08R’s, I will fall out of my seat before the tyres let go! Awesome [emoji1360]

Next on my list is:
- DS2500 pads
- Bucket seat and harness
- Cooksport Springs

Not sure I will have the funds to do all these before I go to the Nurburgring in May as I’m about to buy a house, but the car is more than good enough for the time being!

Happy 197 owner

fc076c1455e63ec5caa1160347b5c549.jpg

7347006935a4351d5e99a2262c45f049.jpg

Sounds like a good day. Not surprised you liked the Yokos. Firm favourite of mine. As an alternative to ds2500 maybe have a look at pf z rated pads. Around £90 from Kamracing. Get good reviews!

Sounds like a good day. Not surprised you liked the Yokos. Firm favourite of mine. As an alternative to ds2500 maybe have a look at pf z rated pads. Around £90 from Kamracing. Get good reviews!

Great tyre! I’ll have a look into those pads, cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a great picture, just superb! I really must do Brands as it's only 30 minutes from me.
Would love to get my hands on some track wheels and try these tyres, never heard anything bad about them.

Really like the side shot, the photographer got some great pictures of everyone’s cars!

You won’t be disappointed I can assure you! I’m keen for another session at Brands in the summer as it’s so local, will let you know before I book something [emoji1360]

You won’t be disappointed I can assure you! I’m keen for another session at Brands in the summer as it’s so local, will let you know before I book something [emoji1360]

Yeah that would be good. I've done two experience days there in an M3, M4, F3 and F4 but never in my own car. Where your picture is has that great feeling in your stomach when you hit the dip, not for those with travel sickness :tongueout:

I bet that was good fun!
Haha yeah, never appreciated the dip until I had driven the track myself