Ive found somewhere to store/hide tyreweld cans

ashtons99

Gold Member
Perhaps not groundbreaking but Im pleased with my work.

I wrapped and taped the 2 cans in bubblewrap to stop them rattling. I found they fit perfectly in a recess behind the nearside trim panel in the boot. I took hold of the felt trim at the front edge where it goes under the rubber tailgate seal and pulled it inwards and downwards away from the upper plastic trim where the boot light is.

Tuck the cans neatly into the recess and re fit the trim.

As stated its nothing amazing but keeps the cans out of the way and safe for a time you may need them.

Is there not a cut our under the boot floor mat where they fit? Or if its or cup models, are they different to FF?

Perhaps not groundbreaking but Im pleased with my work.

I wrapped and taped the 2 cans in bubblewrap to stop them rattling. I found they fit perfectly in a recess behind the nearside trim panel in the boot. I took hold of the felt trim at the front edge where it goes under the rubber tailgate seal and pulled it inwards and downwards away from the upper plastic trim where the boot light is.

Tuck the cans neatly into the recess and re fit the trim.

As stated its nothing amazing but keeps the cans out of the way and safe for a time you may need them.

pics would help

if its behind the left or right side be careful! After a bit of hard driving I heard something fizzing.. I pulled over thinking it was a tyre only to find my boot full of the stuff!!

sorry guys for starting thread and never posting pic but the photos above show exactly where i store my cans

I just keep mine in the boot. There was Velcro on the back of their storage bag so they don't move anywhere.