Is this greedy??

iAndy

Platinum Member
Ok after having lots of thinking the decision to sell my Beemer has been made and its going....

Question is £9k budget do I get a 197 for track use.. Can pick one up with high miles and have a big modification budget to track prep or megane engine maybe??

If i/when i have another one it'll be either a cat C/D car that wants repairing or has been repaired and spend the rest on coilovers, wheels and tyre combo's and a few engine mods.

£4k would get you a good car ready to start and another £2.5k for a few mods and you'd have a bit of a weapon for track days.

Yeah but it's a 12 plate and I bought it for the warranty and piece of mind, am only thinking this as its cold in my garage and the Exocet build is slowing down as am not allowed to bring the engine into the house.....

Hmm, good point.

Spend a few hundred on a good heater or a couple of heat lamps and spend the rest on the Exocet. :thumbup:

But am not allowed to bring the Exocet to the next how fast and think that's my only chance at shedding the trophy.... It's now modified with a genuine Renaultsport badge!!

Ah, course you are. You just won't be allowed to talk to us and you'll have to sit at your own table. :smiley:

The question that needs to be asked is if.... Megane 265 engine will fit in Exocet.... God knows how but.... 265bhp standard and 600kg body could be interesting lol

Anything will fit mate, just a case of figuring out the mounting points etc.. :smile:

Don't like meg's think they are fugly, don't want another production car as a third car unless its something like a 123d m-sport but I can't justify spending that amount of money on a 3rd car