Is it just me or do you think I could be right?

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
Over the last 2 weeks I have done nearly 1000 miles in the Clio. It hasn't missed a beat and performed amazingly in Wales on Sunday. Since I got back from Wales I have noticed something. Now I'm not sure if it is just me, but after that good thrashing in Walrs, the car seems better. It is more responsive and feels quicker. I was also pleasantly shocked to find the mpg at 28!

Do you think it is probably just me now I've been driving my van again or do you think that now having 20k on it, plus a good work out may have done it some good?

Prob loosened it a bit, but I'm finding the weather at the moment because it's less humid, doesn't seem as sluggish. But stretching it's legs regularly never hurts :wink: means bean hammered over the last few days and feels good!! Nice driving weather ( when it's dry lol)

now this is weird.....

On the way home on sunday I clicked past 20k, and too be fair I was tired and wanted home real bad so was giving the shift-light more food for thought than i would normally on a dual carriageway slog.

I also thought it was just me getting carried away but since sunday i've noticed that the power delivery is a actually coming a tiny bit earlier than the usual 5k rpm - and that the engine is notably looser i.e. sounds more grunty than I'm used to....

Either that or we both have a petrol fume leak into our cabins ...

yep as foxy said. the warm weather kills the performance nice cold ait going into ure engine it loves it nothing to do with it been looser

lol thing is the weather has been fairly warm the last week so doubt it

ive had this everytime ive taken car to wales , pulls like a train then after driving it normaly for a week or so it goes back into snail mode haha

but yeah cold air FTW

the colder the air the better. thats y nitrous is -240 or something stupid

lol thing is the weather has been fairly warm the last week so doubt it

ive had this everytime ive taken car to wales , pulls like a train then after driving it normaly for a week or so it goes back into snail mode haha

but yeah cold air FTW

Its the humidity, it can be cool but still there. Even if its hot the car still feels ok but if its muggy its pants!

I have always felt that when you give it the beans for 10mins or so it comes alive with throttle response and power delivery, the exhaust seems louder and it feels like a better experience. When you get on to the motorway or stuck behind traffic for another 10mins or so it will settle down again. I aren't too sure exactly how much difference there is but it does seem to me that it has two slightly different sides.

Very interesting isn't it! I know the air temp makes a big difference, but over the pat few weeks the temp seems to have beem around 14 degrees. I'll see how it goes anyway, I'm certainly not complaining!

Def agree that hot humid British weather makes perform less and it doesn't sound as good. A nice a com autumn morning and its like dynamite!

yes i have noticed my car has improved in performance recently, thought at first it was just a good batch of shell v-power i had put in lol but yes it must be cos the weather has got a little cooler..... at least the UK weather is good for something lol