Irish Ultra Red 197

Hi all, I'm new on here so take it easy on me !

Bought this wee car last November after alot of deliberation between this or an fn2 type r, ended up buying the clio because I love how it looks and I always wanted one !

Really love it, great car apart from the usual small niggly problems with all french cars but I'm used to that having had a few Peugeot 306's lol

Its pretty much standard apart from a few simple modifications

Standard Equipment:

Xenons
Auto Lights/wipers/locking doors
Keyless Entry/engine start
Cornering lights
ASR/Traction
Cruise Control

Modifications include:
Renaultsport splitter
Cup Spoiler
HEKO Wind Deflectors
KW V1 Coilovers
25mm Eibach Hubcentric wheel spacers
Yozzasport Exhaust

Plans:
Carbon side spats - have these ordered hopefully make it look more race car lol
Replace/fix flexi/Y pipe - small blowout starting somewhere in there
KTR induction kit
Wheel refurb
Possibly a wee remap when all is complete !

Here's a few shots :smile:
IMG_0109_zps5wlfihvx.jpg
IMG_0108_zpsqyzcxhor.jpg
IMG_0168_zpsua3qixdl.jpg
IMG_0179_zpsfe4zolkh.jpg
IMG_4159_zpspv0g5wle.jpg
IMG_4210_zpsieegk3ty.jpg
IMG_4235_zps1rhfluwl.jpg

Looks great!! Red really is my favourite colour, although I might be slightly biased having one myself. Keep up the good work

I too share that biased view. That car is almost a clone of mine, i reckon it's the mutts nuts.

red and black look spot on, especially with the cup spoiler and splitter. I just painted all the silver bits black and the badge covers. Other than that its the same as mine. To look at.

That looks excellent in red and in that imaculate condition. It sits absolute perfect on the coilovers. Amazing looking car m8. How harsh is the ride ? :thumbsup:

Cheers for all the positive comments good to hear them :smile: the ride is nothing that wouldn't be expected from coilovers at that height, the big unexpected bumps are gonna hurt lol apart from that i find it 100% ive sat in and drove alot worse, although 90% of cars i be in are lowered so maybe im just too used to the bouncing about !

As for stone chips i dont think the spacers cause an issue car is relatively chip free thankfully ! Excited to get my side spats to see what sort of a job they make of her :smiley:

Will post more pictures as I go along :smile:

Reactions: Et_rensport
Were those wheel bolts already on the car ? They look a great match to the alloys, mine are horrible and rusty.. Would be good to get some new ones ?

Mines were rusty and horrible like yours matt so i took a wheel and got a paint match made up for it and just sprayed mine with an aerosol ! Its not perfect but it does the job !

Haven't been on here in a while, cheers for all the comments lads means a lot (y)

Not much has changed with her since, got my spats and had them on for about a month, although I did quite like them and they looked good from far, they just didn't fit as nice as I would have liked and looked gappy and tacky up close so they had to come off again (i'm fussy like that lol)

only few pictures I have of them excuse the iphone quality !

IMG_1959_zpssyaxd33e.jpg

IMG_2023_zps1um4brtz.jpg

Give the car a proper clean before winter sets in, wet and dry shampoo inside, small detail outside, full detar, polish and wax, trim cleaned along with a about a gallon of tyre slick :tongueout:

And this is how she sits after that !

IMG_2106_zpspwgcg6au.jpg

IMG_4552_zps8etlwiti.jpg

IMG_4553_zps1s53h2bt.jpg
IMG_4563_zpstw5pwd46.jpg
IMG_2163_zpsslpxhtwy.jpg

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions