iPhone and Bluetooth

Clarki99

Paid Member
I have an iPhone 4s and it has voice command when using maps (sat nav). When I set it to output the voice to the car (bluetooth) I get nothing.

Anybody know if it is just that Renault radio software is not compatible or do I need to change some other setting?

I have a 2012 Clio 200 so it is sporting the latest radio/bluetooth software.

I would guess its an iphone issue as in they limit access to BT.

I'd agree with the above. One of the many reasons I moved away from Apple products. Very restrictive and they like to force you into using only their products. I regularly stream music visit bluetooth on my current phone, another thing I couldn't do with a iPhone.

I can stream music from it via Bluetooth and out through the car speakers no problem - just cant output the voice command from the phones satnav.

I don't have the clio bluetooth but apple heavily restrict bufferflow in BT. they also don't support hfp 1.0 which renault (and most car systems) use, iirc they use 1.6 with no official support for anything lower.

I can stream music from it via Bluetooth and out through the car speakers no problem - just cant output the voice command from the phones satnav.

Well thats one of my many issues with the iPhone fixed. Haven't had one in years so don't know what they let you do via BT these days. When I had the iPhone it just about let you use a headset to make calls.