Introduction and a question...

Good evening gentlemen/ladies

On bank holiday Monday I test drove a clio 197- early 2007, 76k.

Fell in love.

Never drove a car like that as since I have passed my test I have owned a corsa (haha lets all laugh) (corsa is a great little runner btw)

Immaculate condition bar a small stone chip in the front.

Cambelt done at 55k. No crunching of the gears between 3rd and 4th (or anywhere else FYI)

all in all a real tidy car.

so a deposit of £500 went down this morning and the remaining £4k will be paid tomorrow or Thursday.

first question- fair price?

second question- probably not gonna be answerable until I figure out how to get pictures on here from my iphone... but the rear had an exhaust system which is unknown to be... Dual poking out the diffusers. Any ideas?

thanks

welcome along..if i understand correctly there should be 2 pipes sticking out..1 on ech side..might have been extended with some tips if thats what you mean..
regarding the price-well depends on what upgrades it has had done..

Price seems about right. There's lots for sale for around £5000. As for the exhaust, they have a dual exit as standard, but it may well be an aftermarket piece....

Welcome along!

Price really depends on spec. Ive seen them range from £3,500 upwards so it really depends!

Thanks guys.

I'm aware that original exhaust system for this car was dual but very subtle and not really visible from the diffuser from a distance- however these 2 are very much visible like on the 200 any ideas?

Once i I get the car this evening or tomorrow I will take the time out to find out how to put pictures up...

as as for the price replies- I did try to knock the dealer down however he rightly pointed out he was the only dealer selling one of these within a 15 mile radius... (I'm from medway, kent)

i recently travelled to Birmingham to view what can only be described as a right dog sitting at 52k. Both doors had dropped, exhaust was blowing, dealer didn't bother to clean/polish despite knowing I was coming from a long way (perhaps hiding something) for 5.8K non-negotiable.

so when this one popped up I went straight round to garage and drove it, loved it, bought it

Thanks guys.

I'm aware that original exhaust system for this car was dual but very subtle and not really visible from the diffuser from a distance- however these 2 are very much visible like on the 200 any ideas?

Once i I get the car this evening or tomorrow I will take the time out to find out how to put pictures up...

as as for the price replies- I did try to knock the dealer down however he rightly pointed out he was the only dealer selling one of these within a 15 mile radius... (I'm from medway, kent)

i recently travelled to Birmingham to view what can only be described as a right dog sitting at 52k. Both doors had dropped, exhaust was blowing, dealer didn't bother to clean/polish despite knowing I was coming from a long way (perhaps hiding something) for 5.8K non-negotiable.

so when this one popped up I went straight round to garage and drove it, loved it, bought it

If they are visible, it's likely it's a custom exhaust system or has had the backbox modified or had tips put on the end of it.

If you're happy with the price and love the car, then a smile on your face is worth far more than negotiating £500~. Just be sure to declare the exhaust system provisionally before you drive it on the road. If you get it ramped and find out it's just tips then you can ask them to remove it and get your money back.

Make sure you get an oil change, as I always recommend as you don't know what's in there. Make it your own.

Welcome to the club!

Thanks guys.

now just got to speak to elephant about insuring a 19y/o on it

If you're 19 then try Bell. They give you a 3 month black box and if you drive nicely you get £80-£100 discount on top of the price.

I was 20 when I got my 200, and the insurance was disgusting. It's gone down to £650 now I'm 21 though.

Price seems a little steep, I bought my 58 reg with 37,000 miles for £4,300. I did have to travel 150 miles for it but my dad was more than happy to take me, nice to have a long run out in a new car too!

With the exhaust I suppose the sound will be the tell-tale sign, if it sounds like it blows your ears off above 4/5k then its aftermarket, if it's just a nice Roarty noise it's probably just some tips!

Welcome to the world of RenaultSport

If you're 19 then try Bell. They give you a 3 month black box and if you drive nicely you get £80-£100 discount on top of the price.

I was 20 when I got my 200, and the insurance was disgusting. It's gone down to £650 now I'm 21 though.

Belk are the second cheapest with a black box! This is a "social and pleasure" car for me and my stepdad! It won't be driven nice enough for a black box :wink:

That's an incredible price! Anything wrong with it on purchase?

Well not at first, there is a knocking from the front drivers wheel which I'm told is the half shaft bearings (ironically the exact same thing and side it went on my last car, which was in the garage the week before picking up my Clio) - so a new driveshaft needed, but isn't that bad at the moment! Other than that it's sweet as a nut, has some ugly aftermarket parking sensors and a slight scuff over rear arch too

Belk are the second cheapest with a black box! This is a "social and pleasure" car for me and my stepdad! It won't be driven nice enough for a black box :wink:

It's not really a blackbox it's more of a bonus accelerator.

I hit 130 a multitude of times and even attended the black mountains 197 day event with it plugged in and believe me, that wasn't driven nicely.

They don't care about how bad you drive, more so how well you drive for them to warrant a discount.

So not getting it today as an advisory on the MOT regarding the wear of the ball joint(s) :worried:

however the dealer is picking up the bill for brand new one(s) :smile:

It's not really a blackbox it's more of a bonus accelerator.

I hit 130 a multitude of times and even attended the black mountains 197 day event with it plugged in and believe me, that wasn't driven nicely.

They don't care about how bad you drive, more so how well you drive for them to warrant a discount.
Be careful , it essentially allows 24/7 data tracking , who isn't to say they won't monitor things like that given they have it readily available.

Similar Thread Suggestions