Interior mat clips

DS197

POTM Winner - June 2017
Paid Member
Got a set of original Renault mats, is it worth buying the fixing kit for a tenner or just sticking some velcro underneath them?

Anyone gone about fitting the clips below?

The clips are really good and lock on well, but the bit that goes under the clutch pedal can lift up and get wedged, so I am going to put velcro on that bit to stop it doing so. But the clips are decent.

The clips are really good and lock on well, but the bit that goes under the clutch pedal can lift up and get wedged, so I am going to put velcro on that bit to stop it doing so. But the clips are decent.
Appreciate the feedback! Did you just pierce the carpet with the needle facing the back of the car or did yours already have the clips from the factory?

Appreciate the feedback! Did you just pierce the carpet with the needle facing the back of the car or did yours already have the clips from the factory?

Mine already had the floor mounts, but had some horrible rubber mats, so I bought same kit as you linked and put some OEM mats in.

Just to update, ended up getting some Velcro strips (you only need the rough side) backed with adhesive and the mats are going nowhere!

Cheaper and more secure than clips imo.

I used to use velcro as well but gave up in the end due to loss of adhesion. Basically the velcro could come off the matt when removing for cleaning so I opted for clips on both sides and never looked back.

Reactions: suj
I just can’t see how secure the clips will be when the pin end doesn’t have a cap so to speak.

Would have preferred clips but there’s mixed feedback so I just went with the easiest option. Thanks for the heads up though, I’ll take the mats out carefully when cleaning.

I'll take a pic next time and post. Basically you pierce the carpet with the needles facing upwards (as you naturally push the mat forwards with your feet when driving) and you cut two holes on the mat. After you put the fixings in place It simply clips into position - it works perfectly in all honesty mate.

The other side of the needle has a small nipple (lol) where it allows the mat fixings to clip into place.

Reactions: DS197
I'll take a pic next time and post. Basically you pierce the carpet with the needles facing upwards (as you naturally push the mat forwards with your feet when driving) and you cut two holes on the mat. After you put the fixings in place It simply clips into position - it works perfectly in all honesty mate.

The other side of the needle has a small nipple (lol) where it allows the mat fixings to clip into place.
That would be greatly appreciated!