Interior lights water leak

DS197

POTM Winner - June 2017
Paid Member
I’ve just had water dripping from both interior lights that sit above the sun visor. Car hasn’t got a sunroof so it can’t be the drains.

Never had this issue before. The only thing I can think of is the aerial seal but surely the arced shape of the headliner would mean it would get wetter at the back.

As always any thoughts/advice greatly appreciated.

Edit: Should add the car had a new nearside rear quarter put on it earlier this year, but again why would the water drip from the lights when it should pool at the front/rear? The headliner is dry.

Attachments

• F40BA8FB-C0BB-450D-86A9-DBA5AD1AB80C.jpeg
    F40BA8FB-C0BB-450D-86A9-DBA5AD1AB80C.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I had a problem in the Clio 2 the sides of the windscreen rubbers got blocked keeping water in them, it found it's way into the roof cloth at the top of the A pillars The only other places would be the aerial, rear roof brake light that the rear windscreen washer passes through if your not using screen wash the pipe might have come loose (frozen in this weather) pumping water into the head liner. Where the car is parked might have an affect already wet roof liner sun on the roof and then cold at night so condensation increases. Run the car without roof liner to find problem or a damp meter to find the highest reading area.

Reactions: DS197