Intercoolers

What are you using what's good what's not and what did you pay I've seen a lot of people using ste's set up and looks really good I quite fancy it myself but I think I may have f**ked up by already buying ktec's boost pipe kit for £180 has anyone had any experience with Ktec's intercooler seems a bit pricey at £500 they told me I could have it for £425 tho as I'm such a nice guy any advice for me ?

The ktec intercooler will need to be modified to fit a clio.. As will any Megane 225/230 specific intercooler.

Check your hardpipe kit for any cracks on the welds (had this on mine)..

Best Regards

Andy

Get the SC setup and have done with it. No fitment issues, designed on my car and as far as I know Ste is the only person doing them as an off the shelf option. Intake temps are spot on and no issues with it blocking up too much of the radiator and causing overheating problems as has happened in the past. It isn't cheap but everything is bang on so it's worth paying for...

Sounds like a good idea wish I hadn't of brought the kit I have now waste of £180 how much is ste's kit ? even tho ill be talking to him Monday

I have a Mishimoto intercooler which is half the price of every thing else and is mounted into the crash bar. Its rated to over 500 bhp too.

I've never had any of the overheating problems Will mentions, this happened on Litchys 265 engined and I believe the problem was actually a faulty thermostat.

As others have said though you can't go wrong with the SteC set up. Its designed for these conversions and its a very well made bit of kit.

Last edited:
That defo would if been his stat, mine was identical. The fan wouldn't of been working or being cooled properly from the stat not being opened enough :smile:

I have a Mishimoto intercooler which is half the price of every thing else and is mounted into the crash bar. Its rated to over 500 bhp too.

I've never had any of the overheating problems Will mentions, this happened on Litchys 265 engined and I believe the problem was actually a faulty thermostat.

As others have said though you can't go wrong with the SteC set up. Its designed for these conversions and its a very well made bit of kit.

That defo would if been his stat, mine was identical. The fan wouldn't of been working or being cooled properly from the stat not being opened enough :smile:

Yep, it would appear to be the case and makes lots of sense....

Sorry to hi jack but its not always power ratings on a cooler you need to look at, unfortunately the higher power rated coolers tend to use a bar and plate core which really needs higher boost pressures to force the air through, unlike the cores which we use which work a lot better on lower boost. when we first looked into making a cooler kit for the Clio a lot of different styles were chosen and what we ended up making works perfect (ask a few happy customers) no matter what the mrs says its not always about size

Sorry to hi jack but its not always power ratings on a cooler you need to look at, unfortunately the higher power rated coolers tend to use a bar and plate core which really needs higher boost pressures to force the air through, unlike the cores which we use which work a lot better on lower boost. when we first looked into making a cooler kit for the Clio a lot of different styles were chosen and what we ended up making works perfect (ask a few happy customers) no matter what the mrs says its not always about size

Well I've got a big black (cooler)......