Installing a ZPO

burrellbloke

Paid Member
Has anyone here installed a ZPO shifter on their drive?

I am seriously thinking about buying a ZPO shifter next month. I have seen the installation guide which states you need to remove the centre section of the exhaust and the heat shield to be able to get to the cables that run to the gear box, and to remove the existing gearshift tower.

It sounds like a bit of a faff to have to remove the centre section of the exhaust and I am wondering if it is really necessary, and how hard it is? I am not a stranger to a bit of mechanical shenanigans on the drive way and have fitted new suspension set ups on the Clio so it all seems possible.

IMG_1375.jpeg

IMG_1376.jpeg

I have got an Akra installed so it may be as easy as undoing the exhaust clamp bolt by the CAT, wiggling the centre section out so that it is still in place but can be supported and pushed from side to side without having to remove it entirely?

It would be tight and it’s not just to drop the tunnel to fit the ZPO it’s also having the room to fit the gear linkages

also you have to install the shifter from below the car and they’re quite tall so must have it jacked quite high for it to fit up and under

Reactions: burrellbloke
I fitted my PMS shifter on the drive. Probably more involved than fitting a ZPO/CAE etc. You will need to undo the exhaust clamp and drop it down (keep it supported) then remove the heatshield. Pretty straight forward, just time consuming.