Injector removal

Take off top manifold, undo the bolt (I think there was 2) holding it to lower intake manifold, take off the inlet into the injector rail, then pull directly up.
Really easy, but when you put them back make sure they are seated correctly and no leaks, as fuel and heat does not mix well!

Reactions: Mark h
Thanks bru. I’ve done all that but they seem really tight. I’ll give it another tonight.

They just pull out once you have unbolted the fuel rail. I think that they have rubber seals around them so you need to be reasonably firm with them.

As above, I removed a set from a manifold that was off the car and they were an absolute nightmare. Required a lot more force than necessary. May be easier to take the lower inlet off the car if they’re stubborn.

How do you remove the fuel rail from the injectors? Is it worth getting the injectors cleaned?

Yeah it can be a bit stuck from sitting so long, as Davinder said so much easier on the engine as it doesn't move about so much.

I can't remember how to remove them from the rail, as i've done about 5 different cars since lol, including direct injection haha.