How to unlock steering wheel

Just switching the ignition on will do it won't it? One turn of the key until it reaches its first position. Or push the button without your foot on the brake if you have keyless.

unlock car
get in
put keycard in slot
don't touch pedals
press & hold start button

you will hear the lock come off and the ignition lights come on

Reactions: Twingo200
Its not working, i think there is loom problem. Ive checked battery, 12,68V so its correct. Car is asking to push the clutch and nothing more is happening... :sleep:
Any suggestions what shall I check?

Its not working, i think there is loom problem. Ive checked battery, 12,68V so its correct. Car is asking to push the clutch and nothing more is happening... :sleep:
Any suggestions what shall I check?

how long did you keep the button pressed?

Hi guys,

I've got a hands-free/keyless 197 that I've recently bought and last weekend while having some fun in a mountain road the engine started ticking.
Pulled over and called the insurance.
I think it's the dephaser that gave up (though it ticks really loud, compared to some Tube videos I've seen, hence the fear to start it before checking).

I now have the car parked outside the house but can't move it inside because I still haven't found a way to unlock the steering.
I've tried foxspeed tips but with no luck.
Since it's the hands-free/keyless system it does not have the slot for the card in the dash.

Any tips would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

From what I've noticed, bellow the start/lock/hazard buttons on the right side I only have the cover for the ODBII socket. But I'll check again.
Being a left hand drive car would make any difference on the location of some items?

I need to pay more attention then! :lol:
Even reading the users guide (it's in Spanish, not Portuguese, since it's an import) I didn't found reference to the slot.

Thanks for the tips!

Well... Apparently if you look for stuff when it's not pitch black outside and having had someone pointing exactly where to look helps a lot!!!

Thanks a lot for the help! :smiley:

So to everyone with keyless...

Do people actually put their key in the slot to turn ignition or start car!? I thought that's the whole point of keyless just keep it in your pocket? I've never once put it in the slot (resist the temptation to make a wise crack :wink:ha)

So to everyone with keyless...

Do people actually put their key in the slot to turn ignition or start car!? I thought that's the whole point of keyless just keep it in your pocket? I've never once put it in the slot (resist the temptation to make a wise crack :wink:ha)
It does stay in the pocket, foot on brake and press start button. Occasionally it will require you to put the key in if for some reason it doesn't detect it.