How to replace door sill strips / kick plates?

-Eddie-

Missing In Action
Does anyone know how to replace the door sill strips as below? Are they clipped in? Bonded?

5a9599ec99bd5c5f2f620ca477b65520.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In terms of bonding them in?
I work in composites so adhesives are second nature, if you can get hold of Topfix, id highly recommend
Unless you want them to come off later?

In terms of bonding them in?
I work in composites so adhesives are second nature, if you can get hold of Topfix, id highly recommend
Unless you want them to come off later?

No I'd probably just want them to stay on. The replacement is carbon fibre I should have mentioned so would topfix still be ok?

Image for reference - unsure if it's this kind of sill detail you're getting

Attachments

• RenderedContent-F94CB7CC-EEFA-4142-9FBA-A5C975A783BE.JPG
    RenderedContent-F94CB7CC-EEFA-4142-9FBA-A5C975A783BE.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 49
Any tips on bonding the door bullets if you have them also bud? Also would tiger seal do the trick?

Yep also have them, tigerseal will be fine
They're a bit harder as they're hollow in the back
If you're careful, mask up the edges of the door trim, and fill a small bead of adhesive onto the bullet
Then apply to the door, removing the masking tape once the glue has set thus removing the excess glue that'll inevitably spill out!

Reactions: -Eddie-
Yep also have them, tigerseal will be fine
They're a bit harder as they're hollow in the back
If you're careful, mask up the edges of the door trim, and fill a small bead of adhesive onto the bullet
Then apply to the door, removing the masking tape once the glue has set thus removing the excess glue that'll inevitably spill out!

Cheers! Do you mean a bead of seal around the edges of the bullet or the inside? Hope that makes sense lol. Good thinking though with the masking tape. The trims on the sill where easy to fit, door bullets a bit more difficult.

What's the typical drying time on tiger seal? Suppose once they are fitted I should mask them in position on the door until the glue sets?

Cheers! Do you mean a bead of seal around the edges of the bullet or the inside? Hope that makes sense lol. Good thinking though with the masking tape. The trims on the sill where easy to fit, door bullets a bit more difficult.

What's the typical drying time on tiger seal? Suppose once they are fitted I should mask them in position on the door until the glue sets?

A bead on the edges of the bullet, on the inside, it'll have a dropped edge.
I'd leave it overnight to be honest!
Maybe masking tape over the top of the bullet to keep it in position like you say

A bead on the edges of the bullet, on the inside, it'll have a dropped edge.
I'd leave it overnight to be honest!
Maybe masking tape over the top of the bullet to keep it in position like you say

Just to confirm, this edge...?

e5b2c889f5935aed4620bd5a86d1cec4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk