How many rear brake shims?

Got my rear brakes off and noticed that there's only 1 shim on each side, on the bottom on each. Is this right? I assume there should be 2 on each side but don't want to go and get a fitting kit if it's not needed.

when you say "shim" is that on the rear of the pads or the small "shims" that sit on the sides of the pad carrier bolted to the hub?

pads have no shims for early cars but later cars do have anti-rattle "rubberised" backing on the pads

the caliper carrier that's bolted to the hub has 2 stainless steel shims/clips that the pads push in to

Yeah it's the ones that go on the carrier that I mean. I assume someone has removed one when fitting new pads if they were a tight fit cause its on almost 40k and the pads look new on the back

Yeah it's the ones that go on the carrier that I mean. I assume someone has removed one when fitting new pads if they were a tight fit cause its on almost 40k and the pads look new on the back

should have both! anti rattle springs - they sometimes come in the pad kits that renault supply