HID standard xenons?

Ok, got thinking, standard Xenons in R27s are pretty shocking. I understand the principles of an xenon/HID system, was just wandering is it possible to make them brighter?! Would it make any difference if I fitted just one of these type bulbs (unsure on bulb code atm though). Also would it be a system that includes just the bulb or an additional HID ballast etc. My thoughts were that since the xenon units already consist of a ballast these wouldn't be required!

Thoughts please :smile:

Ryan!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/35w-HID-X...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a281165b4

You can just replace the Xenon bulb. Check the vehicle manual for the type (perhaps D2S).
Try to find 4300K bulb...i think that is the lower light temperature available and should offer almost white light...

Regards!

Do a search on google. When i was looking into hids it kept bringing up US forums. They are big on modifying their xenon/hid units.

Loads of reviews on bulbs, just remember, the decent ones arent going to be cheap (cant imagine the renault ones are either so replacing them with £10 ebay jobbies i wouldnt imagine would make a difference)

I remember reading up about them making slits in the lenses to produce rainbow effects....very cool

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/forum.php?

http://youtu.be/NqcTJz-Jz-4

Id love to have the money/time/expertise to modify my headlights!

What is actually wrog with them is it the brightness or the alignment? Mine are the factory ones and I love how clear they are but they are pointing down too much.

Doesn't carbon fanatics do hid kits/lamps?

See i have hids in projector lenses and im happy with the colour and the brightness but i cant for the life of me get the alignment right.

They sit level and comply to mot standard but they still daze oncoming traffic. I believe its something to do with how far/close the bulb sits to the lense.

OEM spend a long time fine tuning their xenon units. Dads Audi for example are unreal. No full beam required ever!

Renault xenon units are notoriously bad and just aren't bright enough tbh!

I just want to know how I can upgrade them to make them brighter.
Has anyone fitted an aftermarket HID kit to there existing Xenons?

vladimir IFAIK 4300k is the colour that all xenon units use by law?

According to that website, its possible to change lenses for clearer items which provide a crisper light. Maybe its time someone pulled a unit apart and started messing around.

By all means change the bulbs but dont replace them with cheaper crappy hid units!

According to that website, its possible to change lenses for clearer items which provide a crisper light. Maybe its time someone pulled a unit apart and started messing around.

By all means change the bulbs but dont replace them with cheaper crappy hid units!

This has been done, I can't remember his username but someone on here put bi-xenon projectors in his. I think he has issues with them shining too low though.

I have an aftermarket kit in my projectors and they're very bright but light distribution isn't amazing