HID on 200

Hamad

Platinum Member
Hello everybody

since I'm confused with the H7 H1 light which one is which so i decided to do this and leave the rest for the experts

i attached a pic of my headlight unit it comes standard in here but not xenon, I'm planing on buying some HID kit but i done know which on should i go for i looked at hids4u they have only H7 but i don't know if those are the right one to order

please info

Attachments

• IMG_2826.jpg
    IMG_2826.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 44
Get an h1 kit then some led side bulbs. Leave main beam as it is. Bad idea to get main beam HIDS as they don't like being turned on an off for short periods of time regularly. Plus if you were to accidentally leave them on you would blind people for fun

canbus is not needed, cornering lights are h7 something like philips diamond vision are good for the white output

What do you mean? I've only got the HID kit fitted for my dipped beam. My cornering lights are just some white H7 bulbs from auto-bulbs direct I think.

i would be very susprised if that was caused by a bulb. been running cheaper xenon bulbs in my last car and now the megane, never had a issue

Ha, I saw this - poor lad! Hopefully this won't happen to mine fingers crossed :001_unsure:

I loved the look...but hated not being able to listen to the radio.

Did you have major radio issues then? I don't think mines bad at all, when I turn it up loud I can hear a slight bit of static but that's about it. Mind you, I probably listen to CD's more than radio anyway.

Ha, I saw this - poor lad! Hopefully this won't happen to mine fingers crossed :001_unsure:

Did you have major radio issues then? I don't think mines bad at all, when I turn it up loud I can hear a slight bit of static but that's about it. Mind you, I probably listen to CD's more than radio anyway.

Yea it was cutting off a massive range of frequencies completely. Lights off, no problem, lights on, loss of most radio stations.

Ballasts were mounted right at the front. Wiring never went near any others. Even put those shields around the high voltage cables to try and supress any intereference. Expensive kit too....£140 odd i think.

Ah that sucks marshall! I haven't experienced problems to that extent at all only a bit of static on some stations when up loud like said before. Majority fine though like Capital, Hallam, Radio 1...wonder if its a problem with that particular kit =s