Hid lamp

jakehewitt

North East Rep
Just found iv got a hid lamp out! On start up it flickers then goes out completely, is this a loose connection or is the lamp itself knackered?
If it's knackered is it a Renault spec or can I sort it out online? What size is it and what temperature does it rum at?

If the light works I would assume its a fault ballast box.

They're not expensive to replace, just a bit of a hassle as you're going to have to strip the front bumper off assuming the box is under the light.

There's a buzzing from the ballast so I'm assuming that's the problem. Would I be better off getting a replacement for it or a new aftermarket kit?

Nah, the ballasts are meant to buzz.

Does the light actually come on?

Just swapped the ballasts round and the one that was flickering still did, Then swapped the lamps round and the flickering switched. So came to the conclusion that its the lamp thats knackared. Going to replace them both hopefully tomorrow or saturday while im off. Just happy iv found the problem :thumbsup:

I cant remember how much it was for one when i needed one, but im positive it was over £80, for one HID bulb..... Where as you could get a good HID for less than that