HID Issue ~ Advice

Basically I fitted a HID Kit to my 197, 2 years ago. Driver's side has stopped working altogether. Not sure what is wrong.

Next weekend, going to try and take front bumper off and have a proper look. Can't get very good access with bumper on.

Anyone got any advice with HID kit's possible issues? Am I better off buying a new kit beforehand to save wasted labour?

Thanks,
JAM.

Will either be the bulb or the ballast pack mate. Easiest thing to do is swap the ballast packs to elliminate the bulb fault then youll no if its one or the other :smile:

The ballast has probably gone. £30 for a new one.

Thanks for your quick reply mate. I did purchase them from a member on this forum. 'kevo66' or something rings a bell.

I have the original box etc, are they all compatible?
Best place to get a replacement ballast?

Will either be the bulb or the ballast pack mate. Easiest thing to do is swap the ballast packs to elliminate the bulb fault then youll no if its one or the other :smile:

Thanks also, I'm after fixing it with only having to take the bumper off once, ideally have replacement parts ready - got a week to find some.

Ballast box should be interchangeable. I think I bought a different one last time mine went.

I just went to a local parts dealer and got one.

Hi Jam. That's me. Even the best kits I.e hids4u only offer two yrs warranty :worried:

Most places only give two year warranty too ... mine are only two year and I took mine out of my Fiesta and just got new bulbs so they will probably go soon as my two years are up lol!