Hi Everyone

Joe 88

Platinum Member
Hi Everyone
Been a member a few weeks but this is my first chance I've got to say hello. Its my first post so apologise if I do anything wrong! I've got a white 197 (58 reg), she got the name Annie after about 2 weeks after I bought her. Theirs a story to how the name came to be but I wont bore you all with it but the name stuck. I bought my 197 in 2014 after owning a 1.2 16v clio since 2010 when I passed my test at 17. I am guilty of putting a fart can on it! (I know I'm ashamed of myself looking back but I was 19!) I wanted a 197 ever since they first came out long before I could drive. I first saw one in the flesh when my dad took his laguna in to Renault for servicing and I sat in one in the showroom and to say I became obsessed was an understatement! Believe it was a R27 I sat in. So finally got the chance in 2014 when I could afford to buy/insure a 197. I was very lucky of the one I dropped on, I got her from Queens Service Station in Leeds. Had 45k on clock, climate contol, cabasse 6 cd changer and the all important cup chassis. No recaro's but as my only car I'm not that fussed. I love the standard seats, very comfy with lumbar support. Had a couple of scrapes when I bought it (Now repaired) but was well pleased. Had all my belts done last year and new clutch. I've added the RS front valance and Ktec's sprint wing. (Not a fan of the cup wing) I've changed my interior lights to LED and the number plate bulbs to LED as well. Not done the sidelights not a fan of those either. Ive done ktec's induction hoses and their panel filter as well. Next mod, next year hopefully ktec's cat back! :drool:

Here's a couple of pics of my 197 (Annie):
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So anyway that's me and my 197.

Cheers :smile:

Attachments

• Annie Mic 1.jpg
    Annie Mic 1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC_0155.jpg
    DSC_0155.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Annie Mic 2.jpg
    Annie Mic 2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 93
nice looking car..same spec as mine..important that it had all the belts done..enjoy her..

Thanks guys. Enjoyed every minute of owning her. I'm hoping to get her to the track one day as well but can't bare the thought if the worst happens! I also forgot to say got the carbon spats still to go on. Their still in the box.

Welcome to the forum! Good story about how you got the car :smile: must be nice to have got your dream motor :smile:

Are you from Leeds then?

Thanks everyone, happy to part of the forum.
Hi Jimmy I live in Pontefract. There's a Harratts in Pontefract but do not trust them at all, hence why I go to Queens in Leeds and my car was from there. Very good dealer, highly recommend them, done all the work on my 197 even my wing painting/fitting. Had some very bad dealings with Harratts over my last Clio. My first Clio was mk2 extreme 2 1.2 16v and came with wheel trims. I decided after a couple of years driving to treat myself to some alloys. Went to motorhog in Doncaster got some genuine Renault alloys off a writen off mk2 Clio, (Think it was a dynamique?) refurbished them and put them on. Was well pleased with them. Fit with no problems. Took it for its MOT a couple month later to Harratts, they told me the wheels were for a different car! Asked them what was the fuss, told them how I got the wheels. They told me my car was 'DANGEROUS', but still passed the cars MOT with no issues. :huh: So decided not to go back. The next year I could start looking for my 197. Did my research, found mine at QSS in Leeds, was a 1 owner car very well looked after. Apparently reluctant trade in due a new baby the previous owner had. The ideal spec I was looking for. Colour really didn't fuss me, I like all the 197 colours TBH. So was a meant to be as my mum keeps reminding me, even now after nearly 2 years! Lol. It was quite a moment picking her up. I'll admit even though I felt nothing for my first Clio, was still sad to see it go as it was my first car. But the feeling soon went after I got behind the wheel of the 197 and realised it was mine! TBH can't ever see me selling her. My dream 2 car garage would be my 197 as a daily and a Megane R26R for the weekends so you could say I'm a Renault man! But I'm only in a position for one car so don't think the R26R would be a sensible choice for a daily! LOL!

Welcome to the site :smile: I don't think i've seen a white 197, but it looks really nice tbh, and that's saying a lot as i'm not a fan of white cars unless its a DC5! Sprint spoiler is always a winner too.

Similar Thread Suggestions