Hi everyone!

Hi everyone, new member from the Manchester area. Just ordered a 200T Lux yesterday with the cup chassis in white. This will be my second Renaultsport as I currently own a Twingo 133 Silverstone I'll be sad to let this go but I cannot wait to get my hands on the clio, just got the long 2-3 month wait now. I've had a great 2 years driving the twingo which is just a great handling fun small car and a good introduction into the Renaultsport world. My dad currently drives a Megane 265 but after taking the Clio for a test drive with me I'm not sure who's smile was bigger. I was quite surprised with it being an automatic and quite impressed to be honest as this was the only concern I had. Anyway hopefully the next 3 months go quick.

They look good in the flame red, how long have you been waiting? I only ordered my Saturday so they've not told me a waiting time yet

Welcome to the forum mate, excellent choice of car. The only thing you have done wrong is get white instead of black lol

The demo car was white and I thought it looked good with the black and red wheels and the fact it was £500 extra or something for black, me being tight ha

They look good in the flame red, how long have you been waiting? I only ordered my Saturday so they've not told me a waiting time yet

They give a ball park estimate of 8-12 weeks for delivery. But most folks seem to take around 3 months (some longer). There is unluckily a 2 week factory shut down in August (not quite sure which weeks though) so this can delay things slightly. I ordered mine on the 16 June, so once it hits the 2 month period, if no feedback from the dealer, then I shall chase them up. Not too bothered, as I obviously don't want it till September, because of the plate change (though I shall eventually be putting my private plate on it).

Though they don't seem to have sold too well in the UK (I've been told only around 500 found homes last year) they do appear to sell pretty well on the continent. And with no stock being kept in the UK to speak of (daft in my opinion) everything (unless you can drop on a cancelled order, or a dealer demo) appears to be a factory order.

I would have liked the black wheels and red callipers, they look good on a red car... but I did not want the cup suspension. Decided to err on the side of caution suspension wise, due to the poorly made up rural roads round here. Made a mistake once having an Ibiza Cupra and lived to regret it. Though first to admit that my backs not the greatest these days, far to many prangs falling off horses over the years (strange and potentially dangerous country pursuit :blush:hmy:smile:.

While not the uber hard core hot hatch that the previous models have been, it's pretty much spot on for what I want.

Ah no I wasn't aware of the two week shut down, girlfriends dad works for Jaguar and they've shut for the first two weeks. That's really gonna put my order back I'd of thought. You say it's not über hardcore but knock it into race mode get your foot down and you'll sure have some fun with it. Let me know what's it's like when you get it and how your getting on with it, I hope it arrives soon with you.

... Let me know what's it's like when you get it and how your getting on with it, I hope it arrives soon with you.

Will do :thumbup1:

PS. My guess re factory shut down, would be the first 2 weeks in August as well. When I worked for BAe back in the day, it was the same.

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions