Help with stalk control CTSRN007.2

Gus

Platinum Member
I have a 59 plate clio 200. I wanted to put my Alpine CDE178BT stereo back in and utilise stalk control for volume and skipping tracks etc.

I bought CTSRN007.2 as well as the Alpine patch lead. I went out today in the freezing drizzle to take out the old kenwood headunit out and put the alpine in. I have done this a lot of times on 182's.

I got the connects 2 loom plugged in to the car loom, then plugged the connects 2 into the alpine.

turned the car on and usually the stereo would come on. Nothing ! tried pressing the power button. nothing

so decided to investigate.

I plugged the alpine headunit directly in to the cars iso loom. that worked.

I plugged the kenwood in to the connects 2 loom - nothing.

I plugged the connects2 loom into the car then the patch lead in to the alpine , turned the car on. turned it off. plugged in the connects2 to the alpine. Still nothing.

It was getting cold so moved on to the power cable to my underseat sub. That was also way to big a job so left that hoping for warmer days later this week.

So , has anyone managed to get a CTSRN007.2 working in a clio 200 ? have i bought the wrong adapter.

Hoping to carry on tomorrow, the weather looks warmer. Anyone got any ideas or pointers ?

I managed to get this sorted today!!

Turns out the lead was faulty. Atleast i think it was.

I bought another one and plugged that in the same as before. Turned the key to position 2. Nothing happened headunit was still no powering on. In most cars the headunit should come on in position 2.

I was pissed off so started the car to drive to the shops. After a second of the car actually being started the headunit came on !
Weird how it only comes on when the car is started.

Very relieved.