Help with Automatic Wiper Issues??

My 56 plate 197 automatic wipers are causing an issue, when in automatic position they dont pick up rain even during torential downpours. Had it apart and with a spray hose on the screen they work however intermitently. Just wondering if any one else has had an issue and if its simply the need for a new sensor. Oh screen has been replaced but a good 1-2years prior to the issue.
Help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Rob

yea, tried it in all its position on automatic stage whilst driving and even when on fastest setting in pouring rain will only pick up the rain maybe if i am lucky. When its stopped however it will work intermitently. All other positions on the stalk work as normal but obviously with light drizzle the speed is too fast.

yea thats what we have been thinking but thought would double check anything else anyone could think off before getting hold of another sensor.
cheers for the help much appreciated! will keep informed fingers crossed it solves it :smiley:

One thing before you do anything else give the glass a good clean with a bit of clay then try it

You got it on the right stalk setting? One click down from the top.

I would assume your F1 would have it...mine does. Altho no electric mirrors.

I have an F1 also, auto wipers was only an option, not as std. I don't have them either. I used to have them on my 307 and never really got on with them, they either wiped too much or not enough!

I don't miss them!

im pretty sure auto wipers and maybe auto lights are standard on the 197, but i maybe wrong