Help removing standard airbox

Hi guys, I know this is gonna make me sound useless BUT I'm trying to remove my standard airbox to fit my KTEC induction kit and I'm struggling getting the standard airbox out!!
Anyone have any advice as to the easiest/best way to remove it?

Cheers

Ash

Remove the battery, remove the pipes going to it and it should come out with a tug. Think there's 3 pins that hold it in.

Take the battery and tray out first.

Next remove the acoustic valve and pipe but leave the bit that the vacumn pipe from the tb attaches too. Removing the airbox takes a lot of force, its not bolted in iirc but it does have several long rubber mounted lugs that do need brute force. You have to pull it towards you and up.

The last bit is down at the front below the battery tray front of the gearbox. Its easier with the bumper off but I managed to get it out without. It took me about half hour pulling it about though.

Last edited:
I've got the instructions in my garage I think. Can scan them on the computer and send you them if you want?

All in and done now guys:smile:

thanks for the help.

Only issue now is I seem to have lost ESP/hill holder so may have knocked a fuse or something.
And the radio code I have seems to be wrong!!
Anyone know the easiest way to find that out?

Once your abs had read the wheel speed you will be fine. Mine did this when I took the kit off

The ESP will not activate for a while after the battery had been re-connected. Just takes a while to reset its self.

You'll get the radio code from renault. They just need your chassis number.