Help please. :-(

Hi all.
I noticed tha I had a side light out at the back. But also saw that my number plate lights were not working.
So first thought was the bulbs had blown. So I replaced them. No joy.

Went to the front of the car and saw that my passenger side light was also out there.

So I had, both passenger side lights out and number plate bulbs out.
All I could think of as said in my other post was there was a shared fuse for those lights and drivers side were on a separate fuse.

I checked all internal fuses (in the cab) and all were ok.
So I moved onto the fuses in the engine bay, there is no fuse diagram so I jus checked all the fuses.
They all seem to be fine.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be.
I've got the car booked into Renault tomorrow, but wondered if I had missed anything as I don't want to spend a fortune for Renault to tell me I'm a plonker and missed something easy.

Thanks in advance.

Dom

You have blown the fuse and it is located in the fuse box under the bonnet. You need to remove the induction box to gain access. If you look in the 'how to' section, you should find what you will be looking for. It's a fairly easy job to do.

IIRC, it's the far red one on the left, under the induction/filter box, under the bonnet.

I've checked all the fuses under the bonnet too.
I'm going to double check them now.

Cheers guys.
Hope I've just been a plank and missed something.

Which ones have you checked though? there are big ones for all the bigger components in the car, then the others under the filter box. It's these ones that need to be checked.

I've checked both rows in the fuse box to the right of the battery.
The one where I removed the acoustic valve stuff.

They all have continuity when tested with my multimeter.
I'm really stumped.

Have you took them out and looked at them? On mine, it was the red fuse to the far left.

Arran!!
You sexy mofo!

Took out the far red one and boom!
It's blown.
Thanks you very much.
It still has a resistance and continuity when I test it.
I have no idea why lol.
But anyway.
Thank you.
Saves me the hassle of goin to Renault.

Strange! Always best taking things out and having a look, I do it at work and sometimes you get a suprise! Glad I have helped, you just need to replace and test, but I wonder why it has blown? Maybe one of the bulbs blew and it took the fuse too? Not sure, but worth checking the lights all work before re-assembling the air intake.

I blew my fuse being a d!ck with a screwdriver, trying to get the led I put in to work! Felt a prat! Lol!

No mate.
The only things I can think of is either there is a little bit of fuse wire still connected from after it melted.
Or the fuse is sealed and the vapour from the ionised gas is still conducting.
It's a big this with fuses. One of the reasons you should never use a fuse where the voltage rating is too low, and also why high voltages fuses contain a ceramic media coated in something to either bond to the metal vaporised metal or so the metal condenses instead of staying in the gaseous state.