Help needed, which part?

Hi guys,

My car has developed a click noise on full lock and wobble when breaking sometimes, which is not cool!

my recent MOT come up with this - Offside Front Outer Track rod end ball joint has slight play (2.1.3 (b) (i))

what part is that eactly?

I have had TwoTechs do ball joints before but that made loud scrape on full lock and did not wobble at all when it went at the time.

just want to make sure?

Inner track rod ends are Renault only I have not seen aftermarket ones for sale that are correct you have been warned the Genuine ones are made by TRW but TRW don't list one. My advice you will probably be better replacing the lot as you are going to pay for alignment after anyway the inner track rod ends are difficult to get at to put the metal clips on the boots a tool than comes in along the length of the rod would be better and the same for the tool to unscrew the track rod itself.

2008 Clio 197
upload_2019-3-13_11-28-34.png
upload_2019-3-13_11-29-29.png
upload_2019-3-13_11-30-20.png

So are you implying I have to change my inner track rod end?

As MOT says outer track rod end

Thanks

Inner track rod ends are Renault only I have not seen aftermarket ones for sale that are correct you have been warned the Genuine ones are made by TRW but TRW don't list one. My advice you will probably be better replacing the lot as you are going to pay for alignment after anyway the inner track rod ends are difficult to get at to put the metal clips on the boots a tool than comes in along the length of the rod would be better and the same for the tool to unscrew the track rod itself.

2008 Clio 197
View attachment 132139
View attachment 132140
View attachment 132141

In Northern Ireland the mot centres are government run and if they say the outer track rod end on mot failure then within the allowable days of a retest you turn up and normally just prove the part was replaced so for us the £38 is cheaper than taking it to a garage for work before the test if it fails just change that part and pay the lesser retest fee to pass. All I was saying was that doing the lot once is easier than next year the other part goes if your keeping the car but the outer track rod end is an easy job and if you measure everything before and after you don’t need the alignment done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk