Help fan not kicking in? Car overheating

To cut a long story short I bought my car just over a month ago from a garage.
I had a gear selection problem from cold after a week of purchasing the car. It turns out it was one of the clutch cylinders leaking, so the clutch and both cylinders have been replaced, and I collected the car on Saturday. The gear selection issue appears to have been resolved.

However, unfortunately I'm a bit annoyed that the air con has now stopped working, think it needs a re-gas as its constantly clicking in and out and just blowing hot air.

Also, I was stuck in heavy traffic on the way to work today, and I got the STOP warning light on the dash advising that the engine was over heating. Temperature gauge was showing about half way. I managed to get out the traffic and accelerated away and the warning light went off, presumably as I was going considerably faster than I had been stuck in traffic and air was now getting into the engine to cool it down.

The fan doesn't appear to be kicking in, so I am wondering if they have nudged something or forgotten to connect something, can anyone help please?? Surely it's connected to them having the car in pieces to replace the clutch at the weekend? Or is it an unlucky coincidence?

If it could be because they haven't connected something, does anyone know whereabouts it's located?

Any help would be appreciated, turning out to be a nightmare :worried:

check the 2 fuse boxes at the side and front of the battery iirc one of them contains the cooling fan fuse

check the 2 fuse boxes at the side and front of the battery iirc one of them contains the cooling fan fuse

Checked and one of the fuses wasn't connected. Fan kicked in after running the car for 10 mins, and air con now working :smile:

Thank you

Checked and one of the fuses wasn't connected. Fan kicked in after running the car for 10 mins, and air con now working :smile:

Thank you

result :thumbup1: I will send you my address for the consultancy fee :lol: