Hello

Kyle57

Gold Member
Hi all a new Clio 197 owner.
Previously had a Clio 172 before this. Car seemed to tick all the right boxes and all usual issues been seen to! However on its way up the road the manifold went, which is to be fixed under warranty. The previous owner had changed back to standard exhaust for trading in and whatever happened it’s now no worky. I’ve included some pictures. A few things I would like to do to the car but nothing crazy and I don’t know when.

Attachments

• A3D5F378-753D-472F-A04A-FB06EDA2E9FA.jpeg
    A3D5F378-753D-472F-A04A-FB06EDA2E9FA.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 28
  • A3119785-D45F-4208-B299-C843A5FEADB0.jpeg
    A3119785-D45F-4208-B299-C843A5FEADB0.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 20A4220B-D0FD-465A-BEAB-21CE01F0B2A9.jpeg
    20A4220B-D0FD-465A-BEAB-21CE01F0B2A9.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
very nice, hopefully the manifold issue gets sorted soon. One thing to do once the manifold is fitted is to uprate the engine mounts to Powerflex items, specifically the torque mount and the lower engine mount, these will extend the life of the new manifold significantly as they stop the engine rocking back and forth which in turn puts strain on the manifold flexi joints.

Reactions: Kyle57
very nice, hopefully the manifold issue gets sorted soon. One thing to do once the manifold is fitted is to uprate the engine mounts to Powerflex items, specifically the torque mount and the lower engine mount, these will extend the life of the new manifold significantly as they stop the engine rocking back and forth which in turn puts strain on the manifold flexi joints.
Cheers mate. I think the issue is with the standard system that was fitted to sell the car more than anything else. All mounts have been done by previous owner with receipts to prove. However will get mechanic to confirm

Reactions: Sean197
Soft nail brush, bucket with warm water and some washing powder (Daz, Bold, etc). Unbolt seat belt from the lower mounting, pull seat belt out until it stops then hold in place with a clothes peg so it doesn't retract back in. Pull outside and close door then get someone to hold the seat belt tight (like water skiing lol) while you wash it then use a damp towel to rinse the soap off then air dry.

Reactions: Sean197 and Kyle57
Soft nail brush, bucket with warm water and some washing powder (Daz, Bold, etc). Unbolt seat belt from the lower mounting, pull seat belt out until it stops then hold in place with a clothes peg so it doesn't retract back in. Pull outside and close door then get someone to hold the seat belt tight (like water skiing lol) while you wash it then use a damp towel to rinse the soap off then air dry.
Aw amazing thanks very much.

welcome and have a great time on here..think your seat belts need a bucket of hot water and some scrubbing :thumb:

Reactions: Johnny 99

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C New Members 4
N New Members 4
M New Members 5
Anthony9219 New Members 17
Slint New Members 9