Hello from the Netherlands

Hi,

After owning a Smart roadster Coupe for 3 years it was time for a more "practical" car. My first thought was the Mazda rx-8. Not being convinced about the engine life in the cars it was time to look further. This took me from the coupés to the hot hatches. After spending millions of hours reading articles and youtube video's, i visited a black R27 just for fun. After the seeing the spoiler and wide body i knew i wanted one:lol:. Because the Smart was imported from Italy i had no luck trading it there. I also visited another blue R27, also no luck with trading. Finally after a long search i got a good price somewhere for the smart and had a test drive with a blue 197. Revving that car for the first time to 7000rpm and shifting it through the gears made me purchase that car that same day :thumbup1:

Because i am traveling a lot for my work it's a car for the weekends, and the occasional trackday. After visiting the "Ring" the clio gave up on me on the autobahn. Some heat shield cut through the charging cable. This was sort of fixed by the seller but leaving me with another problem: http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?36765-Battery-charge-error

Off course almost 200bhp attracts speeding tickets and the mpg is not good if you use it as a daily driver. Other than that this car is perfect! the way it grips in the corners, slides over roundabouts and revs between traffic lights! Comfortable if you keep it below 4000rpm and enough space for your monthly groceries:tongueout:

I am planning a trip to the south off Spain and i'm quite scared the sound of 4000rpm on the Peagé will make me go nuts the 3000km, thats the only reason i'm not investing yet in a Milltek exhaust. Other mods will be black plasti-dip wheels, and a rear spoiler (yet to decide).

pics tbc :d

Last edited:
Sounds like an epic adventure on your road to owning your new beast! These cars have a way of annoying you a few days after purchase! I had to change fronts brakes, handbrake cables and exhaust!! All good fun!

Welcome the forum.

Sounds like an epic adventure on your road to owning your new beast! These cars have a way of annoying you a few days after purchase! I had to change fronts brakes, handbrake cables and exhaust!! All good fun!

Welcome the forum.
Don't scare the man, mines been fine :001_rolleyes:

Welcome to the Forum. I did the same as you, drove a few Hot hatches after getting a huge pay rise and went to view a 197 through a friends suggestion and fel for it. So much fun :bounce1:

Tnx all for the warm welcome :smile: plastidip color is black. Bought them when i was in the USA. 10 dollars for 5 cans! epic win:thumbup:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C New Members 4
N New Members 4
M New Members 5
Anthony9219 New Members 17
coendek New Members 14