Hello from Cumbria

Hi all,

ive just swapped my 62 reg Skoda Yeti (which is a great car by the way) for a 60 plate Clio 200 Cup in white, now that my commute has changed and I don't need to carry prams etc around.

First impressions? Goes like a rocket, faster than my historic race car and very similar to my 205 GTi but plus 'more' (including weight)!

Has the usual Recaro wear, plus a big fag burn on the rear bench, so looking at breakers for the rear (don't worry, in all other respects looks very well looked after). Flat spot only occasionally shows up. Blowing exhaust should be easily sorted. Brand new P Zeros are a bonus, but the clutch release bearing seems on the way out. It is due a timing belt/water pump/dephaser based on time (6 years old, but only 50k) - local garage (I know him well and he builds his own historic racers) can do it for parts plus £250.

in short, a few problems, more than I expected (I didn't notice the clutch release bearing on the test drive, but it has just had both bottom ball joints done), but potentially a keeper!

Chris

They are cracking cars to drive, might not be the fastest in a straight line but the steering feel and handling is so direct and go-kart like. I've had mine about 6-7 months, only issues so far are the flat spot, but I've learnt to live with it as a quirk of the car! A bit of a rattle from the exhaust (thinking heat shield) and both ball joints are gone, but luckily I paid for a used car warranty when I bought the car and they are covering that.

I used ALS-Performance for my cam belt change. The kit they have here is the job lot and the guy knows his way around Renault Sports, they have their own 200 racer and a few other Clio 172s/182s. Price was decent too, around £450 iirc. All genuine Ren parts and genuine timing tools used.

P.S. I also came from a Skoda, had a Fabia vRS SE. Was a cracking car, it just handled like a shed on a skateboard compared to the Clio. Power wise though it probably wasn't far off but it was mapped.

:welcome:
a yeti is a great car...can take it anywhere and it wont let you down...

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C New Members 4
N New Members 4
M New Members 5
Anthony9219 New Members 17
b10cker New Members 5