Heater not heating

Hi All,

Had a problem start this afternoon. The blower controls stopped working completely, no output whatsoever. Also the backlight doesn’t work, I thought initially it maybe the fuses so I have replaced them but the old ones seemed ok. Strange thing is the air con still lights up and you can hear it kicking in.

I’m sure I’m just missing something simple here but I can’t think what it is. Am I missing some hidden fuses some where? Any help would be great.

Cheers

Martin

It could be the resistor if it’s a 0-4 dial? Or the speed controller if it’s a climate control type

Easy to test by shorting out the plug for the resistor and effectively putting the fan on full speed, generally pick the biggest 2 wires and short them out while the engines running, fan should run full speed

Reactions: MartyR
So the blower has magically decided to start working again which is great but I'm not happy as it probably will do it again. Is there any electrical testing I can do or get done on this?

Fairly easy to take the fascia off and check plugs and wiring for damage or loose connections.

If it's a resistor there are replacement kits on ebay for under a tenner.

Similar Thread Suggestions