Headlight Help....

vivid white

Platinum Member
Hi All,

I have been putting off doing this since I got the 197 but now the mornings are getting darker and the MOT is due soon I really need to sort it.

My near side headlight basically just points at the floor and wont adjust so this weekend I will be taking the numper off to have a look at it and see what the problem is. Hopefully it will be something easy light a loose connection but I doubt it will.

Any advice you can give me before doing it or maybe what to look for before I take the bumper off would be great.

Many Thanks
James

theres a hole in the top of the headlight, with a white plastic alan screw inside.

theres a hole in the top of the headlight, with a white plastic alan screw inside.

yep! the headlights will still have adjusters and the motors will/or should have adjusters on them as they cannot take up all the headlight adjustment required for setting the beams

Brilliant thanks for this I will have a look tonight. Would be a lot better if I could atleast get them pointing the right way for now until I get the bumper taken off!

make sure the bulbs are fitted the right way.......it has been known to happen :001_rolleyes:

Hi All,

I wonder whether anyone is around that can give me some quick help.

I currently have the bumper off the car and the headlight out, we have found that the motor for the headlight is constantly buzzing and obviously not working.....any idea what this could be?

My local Renault has 1no. in stock at £46 but I didnt want to buy one incase its an obvious problem. When using the manual adjuster the motor will move but still just buzzes.

Thanks
James

by the sounds of it the motor is probably jammed or seized - can you open it up?

tried giving it a "tap" to see if it will free it off - or spray some wd40 in?

Thanks for the reply.

Latest update.

I brought a new motor which I have since fitted but for some reason when pointing the headlights at the garage door one one sits comfortably at about 2 foot high and the other (with the new motor) basically points at the floor.

We have tried adjusting it using the manual adjuster but doesnt seem to affect it much. When in the car and selecting the different levels 0,1,2,3 it moves so I know the motor is now working but I just cannot get it to sit at the right level.

We have taken the bulb out and made sure its sitting well but no joy.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

James

i would say compare it to the side thats ok - how the motor is connected etc - it maybe you have to adjust it a long way to get the headlight to come up to the right height

We have come to the conclusion that the headlight is knackered as well so I am now in the market for a N/S headlight. :jumpon:

Thanks for all your help though.

Quick question are standard Clio headlights the same as 197 headlights?

Thanks
James

We have come to the conclusion that the headlight is knackered as well so I am now in the market for a N/S headlight. :jumpon:

Thanks for all your help though.

Quick question are standard Clio headlights the same as 197 headlights?

Thanks
James

if you mean the all silver ones then yes!

Yeah i just have the standard silver ones.

On eBay though they say not suitable for sport or campus models. Is that just so they can charge you more?

James

Hi All,

I am on the look out for a new headlight now but was wondering whether to go for something different like black ones. Are these available? If so how much am i looking at for a pair?

Thanks
James

Similar Thread Suggestions