Headlight adjuster problem

Hey guys,

I've just been fighting with the clio after I needed to change headlight bulbs.. I managed it with the bumper on until one of the clips popped off.. then I dropped it in the engine bay.. long story short the bumper came off until everything was retrieved.

My problem: when testing the new bulbs (infact my old OEM ones..) I heard the adjustable motor on one side turn. I didn't think anything of it, stupidly put the bumper back on and I've just driven it. When I pulled away from the garage I could see the individual dipped beam lights aren't level, yet when I use the in car adjuster both beams move up and down simultaneously.

How do I make both beams level?!

Cheers,
Deaks

Its very easy not to put the bulb in straight or the retaining spring locked properly especially on the projector type lights as what feels straight and level when reaching round may not be. On the ordinary lights there is a metal figure with a metal ring that the bulb should sit dead centre if slightly out can have a big effect on the beam distance you need to look through the front of the headlight with a torch to check and if it's out the remove the bulb and put your finger inside to bend/ adjust it. If you removed the headlight then check the are back in straight (alignment with the body panels). If they were level before check the bulbs are seated correctly before adjusting the headlight alignment on the next bulb change they will be out again.

Reactions: sevenfourate