Harry's Black 197. Quick clean 22/02/14

Hi everyone,

Had my 197 about 3 months now absolutely loving it. I'm an apprentice mechanic so progress will be pretty slow but I've started doing a few things to it so thought id show you all my pride and joy!

Bought the car from Renault it's a standard FF 197 no cup pack, although I personally prefer the standard seats. The wheels were silver and quite badly kerbed so I had Renault refurb all the wheels and painted anthracite free of charge :smile:

I fitted the H&R lowering springs about a month after I bought her
image_zpsdfecd371.jpg

Then I fitted black diamond covers
image_zpsb6f9e2b6.jpg

image_zpsdefafdd6.jpg

Then fitted some exhaust tips
image_zps1f6cc1ca.jpg

Last week I thought I'd have a go at painting my calipers red and was extremely pleased with how they came out. Did my fronts last weekend and my rears yesterday so haven't got a close pic of the rears yet.

image_zps0def1d40.jpg

image_zps506c1061.jpg

And how she sits now

image_zps5e575844.jpg

image_zps96d5d370.jpg

Any comments welcome :smile:

Last edited:
Cheers guys :smile: I'm also taking the silencer and cat off sometime this week so I'm excited for that! Now I'm desperate for a sprint spoiler!

A very very nice example. Black 197s look very aggressive..

Personally I prefer it without the tips though but hey, each to their own right?

Thanks mate! They're just some cheap ones off eBay I got the link from someone on here from another thread.

I have to agree in the 2 photos of the rear I put up earlier I prefer the one with no tips but in person it looks a bit plain without the tips on, but yeh man each to their own :smile:

I do like those wheels.

I'm currently in debate as to what colour to get mine done in and I quite like those.

Very clean car

I do like those wheels.

I'm currently in debate as to what colour to get mine done in and I quite like those.

Very clean car

Thanks mate! The raiders are the best looking wheels IMO. Also mine are slightly darker than the original anthracite you get on the 197's but I was extremely pleased when they came back from paint! You won't be disappointed!

Thanks mate! They're just some cheap ones off eBay I got the link from someone on here from another thread.

I have to agree in the 2 photos of the rear I put up earlier I prefer the one with no tips but in person it looks a bit plain without the tips on, but yeh man each to their own :smile:

Thanks pal.. Love the car btw :thumbup:

Small update.

I was getting a bit bored of the interior so I bought a sheet of alcantara suede off eBay and had a go a re trimming some pieces. They actually turned out pretty good for my first time! First I did my A pillars

image_zpse2723563.jpg

image_zps4d1de76a.jpg

Then the clock surround

image_zpsdb214bc5.jpg

image_zps7ca8cb1f.jpg

Then the centre vent surround

image_zps44952284.jpg

And how it all looks
image_zps47e37890.jpg

I'm going to do the side vent surrounds later on tonight and also the small handbrake trim let me know what you think!

Similar Thread Suggestions