Half cage and cargo space question

bigsid

Paid Member
Hi, just wondering if anyone has a rear half cage in their 197 and how they find getting a spare set of wheels into the car. Is it possible at all? Does it depend on the design of the cage. What other alternatives are there for getting a caged car + spare rims to the track if you don't have a trailer/transporter etc?

Thanks - Sid

Plenty of room in the back with a half cage. Most of them don’t have a horizontal cross bar across the back which means it’s like the back of a van

I should have mentioned actually, it would need to be one with a horizontal bar as the main point of it is as something to fit harnesses to.

I should have mentioned actually, it would need to be one with a horizontal bar as the main point of it is as something to fit harnesses to.

See my build thread

Safety devices r020 bolt in rear cage with horizontal bar - set of 4 wheels fit in with plenty of space. i Stand them upright next to eachother :smile:

Reactions: bigsid
6638859E-104B-40E0-B085-FD6DA561858F.jpeg

There’s definitely room. When I say horizontal I mean across the top of the shock mounts.
Most the bolt in half cages have the harness bars incorporated higher up in the rear loop, or even in the centre loop

Reactions: bigsid