Gran Turismo Sport

///M

Gold Member
Anyone play this?

Bit late to the party I know but I just got it last night. Well, Mrs M came home with it at random.

But... WTF? Can you not modify cars anymore?

If that's true I'm not sure I'm interested.

Let me know please guys. Is it just crap and I should take it back? Or is it worth persevering with?

It's a good arcade, and visually stunning, racer, but if you want a sim then go with Project Cars 2 - that will break you. I play both but PC2 is played A LOT more.

I don't have it, nor indeed do I have any of the newer consoles, but a few guys I follow on YouTube play rFactor 2, Asetto Corsa 2 and Project Cars 2 and they look miles better and far more 'playable'.

@Micah @Sean197

Taa guys, particularly interested in GTS though, as that's the one I have.

No mod shop is a massive fail for me, unless there's something I'm missing this is going straight back to the shop!

From what I recall you can upgrade your cars using credits, but I’m not sure if it’s at the same level it used to be back in the 90’s, that was great fun. I’ll jump on it tonight and will let you know.

Reactions: ///M
From what I recall you can upgrade your cars using credits, but I’m not sure if it’s at the same level it used to be back in the 90’s, that was great fun. I’ll jump on it tonight and will let you know.

Thanks mate. If they've removed that side of the game (probably to dumb it down so any old dumb twat will give them money) then they can cock off.

:worried:

I found it hard to navigate - couldn’t figure out why I wasn’t winning anything and then realised I could actually upgrade bits and may have adjusted the boost on the turbo (could be lying). After that little learning curve it became quite enjoyable.

I found it hard to navigate - couldn’t figure out why I wasn’t winning anything and then realised I could actually upgrade bits and may have adjusted the boost on the turbo (could be lying). After that little learning curve it became quite enjoyable.

If you can mod the cars then that’s ok. Like I say, if not it’s going back!

And GT has always had a SHOCKING menu system! Worst I’ve ever used in any game.

Got GT as a present last year you can't modify as such just increase performance by a percentage as in just upping a bhp figure and then you can tweak suspension etc.

Got Project cars 2 last week this is by far better with a lot of uk tracks and more realistic I have the Logitech wheel pedals as well. You can stall the car on this game when you crash you have better damage as well. much more realistic with fuel usage and real time tyre pressures you can see warm up as you get a few laps in and oil temp will raise if bumping off the limiter etc much more realistic to real life.

If I had to choose one it's project cars all the way for ps4

Got GT as a present last year you can't modify as such just increase performance by a percentage as in just upping a bhp figure and then you can tweak suspension etc.

Got Project cars 2 last week this is by far better with a lot of uk tracks and more realistic I have the Logitech wheel pedals as well. You can stall the car on this game when you crash you have better damage as well. much more realistic with fuel usage and real time tyre pressures you can see warm up as you get a few laps in and oil temp will raise if bumping off the limiter etc much more realistic to real life.

If I had to choose one it's project cars all the way for ps4

Thanks for the thorough reply mate. It was mainly suspension and gear ratios I was interested in changing anyway. Why they’ve taken all the fun bits away though I don’t know. The whole thing feels a bit half arsed to me.

Maybe they spent all their money on the FIA bit.

Two nights in with it and I’m not that impressed overall, but I’ll probably keep it.

PC2 sounds pretty good though. I’ll probably just get that as well.

Thanks for the thorough reply mate. It was mainly suspension and gear ratios I was interested in changing anyway. Why they’ve taken all the fun bits away though I don’t know. The whole thing feels a bit half arsed to me.

Maybe they spent all their money on the FIA bit.

Two nights in with it and I’m not that impressed overall, but I’ll probably keep it.

PC2 sounds pretty good though. I’ll probably just get that as well.

I thought the same as you GT just isnt the same without the tuning and wish they kept more of the older cars although cant complain about the graphics on that game.

I got PC2 second hand for about £20 and definitely prefer this trying to learn a bit of snetterton before I take my car in July that was the reason I bought it in the first place not realising all the other realistic bits in game.

I thought the same as you GT just isnt the same without the tuning and wish they kept more of the older cars although cant complain about the graphics on that game.

I got PC2 second hand for about £20 and definitely prefer this trying to learn a bit of snetterton before I take my car in July that was the reason I bought it in the first place not realising all the other realistic bits in game.

Had a bit of a nose at it last night. The car list in PC2 is pretty bloody good too!

i heard GT has more of a realistic handling model. but bare in mind its not a true Gran Turismo and more like a demo.

i heard GT has more of a realistic handling model. but bare in mind its not a true Gran Turismo and more like a demo.

It's bollocks for the most part from what I've seen so far, but yep, the handling seems like it always was and that's good enough for me.

To be honest, I just need to play through and get to the 'ring being open and then it's all good. It's all I played on the old one anyway.

To be honest, I just need to play through and get to the 'ring being open and then it's all good. It's all I played on the old one anyway.
Just a thought but it that's the case wouldn't it be better to get a game where the ring is available from the start? That way you don't waste time getting it unlocked. The superior realism of sims like r-factor/asseto corsa/raceroom experience would be just an added bonus.

Just a thought but it that's the case wouldn't it be better to get a game where the ring is available from the start? That way you don't waste time getting it unlocked. The superior realism of sims like r-factor/asseto corsa/raceroom experience would be just an added bonus.

You’re totally right. I’ll probably get another one as well once Mrs M has got to grips with GTS. :thumb:

Reactions: tomislavp4

Similar Thread Suggestions