Going French for the first time...

Hi all.

Just checking in after being recommended by earpl.

I am currently awaiting my Clio 200 (due in Feb) after being literally blown away with his Clio collection thats building up in his back garden!

Such a phenomenal little car, i had to get my own, and absolutely buzzing about it :001_wub:

Must admit i am a converted person :redface: was always a Jap fan until i was shown the righteous way :redface:

Heres my current ride, ok its not Jap nor Euro, and was a bit of an impulse buy :rolleyes: absolutely fantastic car... built like a cruise liner, sadly also handles like one... and i feel im old before my time :frown:

Its a Volvo C30 T5, few mods here and there.

DSC_0020.jpg

Just have to bite my nails for my little French Fancy to arrive 8)

Rob.

welcome to the site mate.thats going to be a long 2 mths.what colour and spec are you going for.

Welcome fella. You'll love the 200. Glad you both signed up. I recommened the site to earlp

Thanks pal :smile:

welcome to the site mate.thats going to be a long 2 mths.what colour and spec are you going for.

Cheers. Yeah its killing me already! :worried:

It will be Albi Blue, Full Fat version with Cup Pack and Spoiler, Recaros, Carminat, Black Speedlines, and a few other odds and sods :smile:

Im sure you wont be disappointed, I like those volvos but must admit that they dont look like they handle massivly well.

welcome fella :thumbup1:

Thanks pal

Im sure you wont be disappointed, I like those volvos but must admit that they dont look like they handle massivly well.

It is a smashing car, exactly what you want for crusing and comfort, and a barrel of power when you want it.

TBH, its been tested and it will eat a 172 alive in a straight line, but gets absolutely pwnt on anything that resembles a bend! Tested with the earpl himself :biggrin:

I had concidered modding it to suit, but im talking £4000 to fit APR brakes, coilovers, better seats and uprated ARB's... and it will still weight almost a ton and a half. Was also planning on the exhaust, intercooler and the turbo unit of a Focus RS, coupled with the mapping, thats another 5-6k... was getting too expensive basically...

Clio... going faster for cheaper :drool: i like those odds... granted some have argued the "build quality" unfairly to the Volvo, but TBH from what ive seen of Clios they arnt "that" bad...

Last edited:
Welcome to the jaxx.
Funny enough I've been thinking of selling mine for a C30.

Welcome to the jaxx.
Funny enough I've been thinking of selling mine for a C30.

Cheers, i have one for sale :smiley:

don't do it, as I'm sure jaxx will verify! :smiley:

And welcome Jaxx

Dont do it... if you want a well sorted handling car... it will definately be a shock to the system :bored:

However if you want "mini GT" it is amazing :thumbup:

Welcome mate, nice looking car you have, really like them in white but im sure the 200 will be better. :smile:

Thanks man, ill fire up a few more pics if anyone wants a look :smile:

welcome to the site mate.

im sure you will love the clio.

Im sure i will :thumbup: as mentioned previous, i have fallen for the lunacy of the things through knowing earpl ;/

Also i used to have a Yaris T-Sport and i genuinly think im missing it, i just seem to have a thing for small cars with plenty of power,

Fair play the Yaris isnt quite on par with the Clio RS's, but you catch me drift :smile:

mine did with a turbo on it looooooooooooooooool. it fpmsl'd all sorts.... think 60 was a tit over 5 secs, and it blew 5ft flames out if you lifted off the limiter in 4th :tongueout:

Hello there ! That wouldnt happen to be Mr Langton by any chance would it? Used to work at SPS Aerostructures with me ? Small world !

Hello there ! That wouldnt happen to be Mr Langton by any chance would it? Used to work at SPS Aerostructures with me ? Small world !

Hello mate! It is me! :thumbup: Ive seen your pics on Facebook of your car too, never thought to see if you were here :smiley:

You still working at SPS and living local?

Hello mate! It is me! :thumbup: Ive seen your pics on Facebook of your car too, never thought to see if you were here :smiley:

You still working at SPS and living local?

Yep I am still working there and live in Mansfield aswell :rolleyes: