Geneva 2014 - New RS Clio variant planned

What's the best on the spec then,

My money is on higher output of around 230bhp & 280nm, tuned edc gearbox and lowered suspension with Recaro's?? So the Gordini then??

Plus the new Twingo will be on show apparently,....

Maybe, although they've flagged it as being a new Clio RS variant which I reckon will be something like the Gordini,...

Only 4 weeks until we find out!

Last edited:
Probably just be a Cup and have the option for different front seats and exterior accents like a black blade and diffuser etc.

I hope Im wrong though !

Going off recent form it'll be no more powerful but it'll have a ''unique'' paint colour option. Yawn.

God, I hope I'm wrong...

- 230 HP
- Recaro
- EDC, but with updated software that will be awailable for all 200t as well
- Name = Gordini or Lotus

and not cheap at all...

I'm sure I read in Evo or somewhere similar that the Gordini name would in future be more than just the tit and tat that they stuck on the Clio and Twingo. With that in mind an the fact I think it's too soon in the mk IV life cycle for a very focussed "Gordini" version. I expect it'll be a Cup or even a Trophy perhaps, with updates as suggested above - recal on the EDC, a cup chassis option and perhaps a few more ponies though I doubt it.

Cup + = a little more power! or a least a more aggressive map. Proper seats, more colours and stripes! There might be a 'lite' versions ala cup but I doubt it. Despite the popularity of the Ford, the RS brand hasn't been at the top of the pile for the last 10 years for nothing, long live the French RS :wink:

Would be nice if the spec was something more then a seat swap and a remap to a greater power output, A bit lazy if that's all Renaultsport offer. Something more like lighter body panels, 3 doors, manual.