General Community

Since becoming a clio rs owner in May I have let on to every 197 or 200 I have passed and not a single one has responded, other than a couple that have looked at me like I'm licking my windscreen and gurning at them. What is everyone else's experience with this? I grew up driving old land rovers and you let on to everyone and either got a wave/honk or flash at least! Are we a bunch of enthusiastic individuals on this site or is there a general country wide community?

I always get a flash or a nod of the head if I pass another RS model :smile:

Hit and miss for me. Sometimes I get waved at first, honked flashed or whatever, some respond to me and some look at me like I'm an idiot.

Was on my way to derbyshire couple of weeks back, I get behind an AG 200, I'm on cruise control at 74, he slows down and I go round him, he's texting on his phone and I give him a wave, he looks up at me, then ignores me, still on cruise at 74. He then must have dropped it a couple of gears, goes flying round me and then sits in front of me, low and behold, slows down again.

I followed this plum for about 60 miles. Funny thing is, its not like he was oblivious in a standard 200, it was modded, different exhaust, lowered, stickers, debadged etc, so I'm guessing that he's know something of a community.

If you see someone from this forum you will get a wave!

There are a lot of people who buy them just because they look nice etc. See a few every day on the commute and never get any response (Or they're just jealous of my recaros :wink:)

Not like it used to be in the 172 days that's for sure [emoji20]

Since becoming a clio rs owner in May I have let on to every 197 or 200 I have passed and not a single one has responded, other than a couple that have looked at me like I'm licking my windscreen and gurning at them. What is everyone else's experience with this? I grew up driving old land rovers and you let on to everyone and either got a wave/honk or flash at least! Are we a bunch of enthusiastic individuals on this site or is there a general country wide community?

Thanks for making me nearly regurgitate my hangover McDonalds laughing so hard.

I generally get a mixed response too - mostly people don't bother at all. Although someone in a LY Megane made a point of parking next to me in a very quiet car park. So a little bit of community spirit there I suppose :smiley:

Quick update. Had a guy in an albi blue 197 ask me if I knew him after I said 'nice car' to him at a Shell station in Bradford, genuinely thought I was going to get stabbed.

Quick update. Had a guy in an albi blue 197 ask me if I knew him after I said 'nice car' to him at a Shell station in Bradford, genuinely thought I was going to get stabbed.

Thought that was a bit extreme, the read "Bradford" and wasn't too surprised. I'm more than happy to return waves and such but its so rare I see anyone and my reactions are a little slow when it comes to smiling and waving....