Gearbox tough to select at high rpm

Cliosport-carl

Winner - POTM May 2017
Gold Member
Hoping a quick bleed will sort this.. but after a good day at Donnington towards the end of the day the gearbox started to feel realy bad and I started struggling to select gears. When stationary and not running its fine then get some heat into the car and start giving it some its really hard to get into gear unless you let the revs die down a little I'm not talking trying to change gear at 10k but you have to let it come right back to around 4ish and even sometimes its still bad.. other than bleeding it any other ideas ??

Do you mean you cant slide it into the gate at high RPM? Or it feels like the clutch isnt letting go?

If its the former, I had this issue as well. Slow upshifts and even slower downshifts - transmission fluid change helped, but after a while I fitted new synchros which fixed the issue.

I had this, the revs had to drop 500 before it would go in. I had the fluid changed and clutch bled which didn't fix it. For me it meant a new clutch so I did the clutch, master and slave and synchros all in one hit and its sorted. I had beaniesport do it