Gearbox problem

Basically wondering if I have a gearbox problem as the car seems quite reluctant to go into gear sometimes it seems a extremely stiff gearbox also the clutch feels quite solid wondering what to do for the best I think it's out of warranty now as it was registered in March 2012 although I must of got 3-6 months from the renault dealer I brought it from the beginning of this month

wasnt sure if it just needs a gearbox oil change the cars only just hit 13k so a low mileage car

Last edited:
best option is to change the oil and bleed the slave cylinder too...lots of threads about this...

get in touch with [MENTION=205]oilman[/MENTION]..he will be able to give you a few options...

I got two techs in dartford to bleed my clutch. It definately helped, and the bite point was a bit higher afterwards. I suspect the old fluid was not allowing the clutch to release properly. I think most of these boxes are a bit awkward from cold, just let it warm up carefully. I also have Redline MTL gearbox oil. Doing my best to look after it!

Last edited:
The thing is i drove it all the way back from york so it would of been very hot/warm by then and it was still very stiff to get into gear so im praying its just because it needs a gearbox oil change etc

yeah im awaiting oilman on here to let me know what the best oil would be but i havent heard back yet :001_huh:
Plenty of recommendations on here for gearbox oil.

Failing that he has a list of recommendations based on the car make and model on his site - have a look at that too.