Gearbox oil

chris1888-197

Paid Member
I changed the gearbox oil on the car yesterday to ford motorcraft 75w 90 as i have already had the gearbox changed and i am going to change the oil every 20-30 thousand miles. I went out to car this morning bearing in mind it is quite cold up here in scotland and there is no tightness in the gearbox from cold at all. On the downside i noticed that the front osf coil spring has snapped at the bottom! Was thinking about putting lowering springs on ? What are best ? Or would i be best putting cup springs on ? It's a non cup car. Il post up how the gearbox feels in the coming weeks. Thanks

How did you notice the coil had snapped?

I had it up on the ramp changing the oil bud and noticed the rubber coil spring protector at the bottom was sitting up so checked it. I heard a slight creaking from the front so had a idea there was something up.

The broken springs were spotted when I took it in for the garage to sort out a noise on full lock. One of the front springs had snapped in two places!

20150410_200835.jpg

This is the car with the H&R springs fitted and I think it looks ok. I am not normally a fan of lowered / slammed cars

20150410_201022.jpg

The broken springs were spotted when I took it in for the garage to sort out a noise on full lock. One of the front springs had snapped in two places!

20150410_200835.jpg

This is the car with the H&R springs fitted and I think it looks ok. I am not normally a fan of lowered / slammed cars

20150410_201022.jpg

Same bud, not a big fan of slammed cars but that looks good to be honest. :thumbup1:

Not much at all really, but the cup wss already on the firm side. I assume the drop is based on standard sport suspension.