fuse recommendation

Legend@wheels

Gold Member
hi m8's
is anyone ever came across a good Fuse kit for our cars?
high quality/oe kit not the rubbish ones on the net.
cheers

A fuse is a fuse as for kits you can buy a selection box of general fuses from motor parts stores and garages along with bulb kits or pay for a Renault overpriced kit. You can get circuit breaker fuses that can be reset that club rally cars would use they are like normal fuses with a pop out button that you press to reset also used on boats. If stuck find another fuse that is not important like rear window heater or radio, interior light and use that fuse to get home or to a garage. I'll find some pictures but if a fuse blows you need to find out why, they don't blow for no reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Legend@wheels
it was blown because of the reason we spoke about(my previous thread)the other day.
and yes when i was stuck i did like you said too.
sounds interesting the rally's fuses -would like to get link for them.thanks:thumb:
i rather pay the extra money for the peace of mind(genuine ones)i barely trust those cheapy ones from china.
at the minimum if not OE so atleast a known brand .

Put it like this the worse the fuse that blows too early the better the protection of the electric device. Even with resettable fuses there is two bad points you would still have to open and get to the fuse to reset it, and because of the mechanism high vibrations but mostly found on Motorcycles can cause them to trip. A box of fuses of different sizes would be the size of a box of cigarettes so up to you. Military equipment and boats use circuit breakers because the time and ability to replace fuses in life threatening times they make sense.
upload_2018-8-28_11-2-30.png
upload_2018-8-28_11-3-11.png

cool!
thats make sense you know?
the worse the better lol
the downside(i think) is when its a rubbish product it might blow up even without a reasonable reason.

Last edited:
Fuses aren’t hard to make so I wouldn’t worry about inferior quality items ruining your day, they are probably the easiest item to make and even branded ones will be made in the same factory as a cheap one! Just with a huge mark up on! :wink:

It’s like when people say buy branded cambelt kits or clutches, you’ll get the kit open and find the exact same item in an aftermarket brand but cheaper, for example most Peugeot, fiat and Citroen clutches are valeo, as are Renault generally! Cambelts will be made by a fair few different company’s, but there’s probably five main manufacturers in the world and then printed with different things depending how it’s to be sold

thats well known but that is correct for well good rep factories and known brands.
the chinese's products is a whole different story -atleast many times not always.
they making some rubbish things out there along reasonable quality and sometimes good /high quality.
sometimes the known brands copy their factories to china (low production costs)so it is a still good products at those times,then yes you right but when its a noname brand its not always the same situation.
and the OE that made by several companies and shared between the car's manufactories are ALWAYS a known brand names with good rep.

Last edited: